♠Chapter Twelve

One often deny the unexplainable pieces of themselves

TRISA'S POV

Troy and I had been playing strangers since our last encounter. Admittedly, his absence upset me even though I too tried hard to hide him. Not understanding what I was getting myself into, and it embarrassed me that I didn't know my role. Half the time I wanted to find him and run into his arms. But then I thought, If he truly felt how he said, he'd miss my presence in the dorm. He'd march across the hall and carry me back to our dorm.

"Earth to Trisa." Anna snapped her fingers in front of my face.

I zoned out without even realizing it. We were, as usual, hanging out in her dorm, watching cartoons and chatting. Somehow, spending time with her, Kate and Maya felt therapeutic. At first, I was homesick, and I thought it'd always be that way, but I was wrong. Flowerville was feeling like a second home. I was growing and building new friendships that I'd never forget.

"You've been like this since we got here, Tris," She sighed. "Go over your dorm and talk to him, I know you want to."

"Yeah, girl, go on," Kate said. "Get your sexy man."

"He's not my man, and he's not even that sexy, anyway." I rolled my eyes. "He's more of an asshole." I knew he was more than an asshole, I just wouldn't accept it. He was that sexy too, or at least God blessed him with every feature that would grab my attention and lure me into yielding to temptation.

"Girl, I told you he was a sexy asshole," Maya added from the closet as she searched for a dress to borrow from Anna for her date.

"Exactly! That's why I feel like such a fool for liking him. I know he's only going to use me as he does with other girls."

Anna noticed a lone teardrop about to fall from my eye and rushed beside me to catch it. "Hey, don't think like that, he likes you," She told me. "I know because he's always there when you need him, no matter what. Plus, have you seen the way he looks at you?"

"Girl, if he tries to hurt you, he's gonna have to answer to me," Maya said, wiping my eyes with the back of her thumb. "I gotta go get ready for my date though, see ya later, okay." With that, she hugged the three of us and left.

"I don't want to talk to him, Anna. If he truly likes me, he would've come looking for me."

"Well, you have a point," Anna and Katie replied in unison. "I'll find you a nice guy soon." Katie finished. As if on cue, the door flashed open, revealing Marlon and Troy, wearing wide grins that soon disappeared at the sight of me.

TROY'S POV

"Hey, boyo," Bob chimed as he saw me entering the cafe. I'd told him everything that happened between Trisa and me, and he's been telling me to stop running from my feelings. It was the most sensible thing I could think of. Everything I felt was new, and I didn't know what to do with all those new feelings. I didn't know what to do or say to a woman you liked, so like any other normal guy, I ignored them.

"Evening, Bob, busy today, huh?" I asked.

He laughed, "Yes, my son, you know, you college kids love to eat. Speaking of love-"

"I should talk to her, I know." I cut him off before he got to say it. Bob knew I needed her. He always gave me excellent advice, and I appreciated every bit, even when he told me not to come back until I sorted my shit.

"Good, boyo, do it now."

"Fine, if she kills me it's your fault though." Bob and I shared a haughty laugh, and I left. I knew Trisa was mad at me. She hadn't seen me all week. I feared facing her after I confessed my feelings to her. I didn't understand how to be a boyfriend.