♠Chapter Thirty One

Family is a gift, many forget to not take advantage of

TRISA'S POV

"Troy," I said, gesturing for him to sit back down. I was so overwhelmed, drunk with love for him.

"Please say something," he begged.

"Troy, I am Yours." I watched as his mouth turned up into a wide grin. "I don't know what you see in me that's so beautiful." His smile faded as I began to shed what was left of myself. He attempted to speak, but I quieted him with my fingers on his lips. "I'm an idiot. I let my insecurities get the best of me because I was afraid to lose you.  I didn't realize I only ended up pushing you away. I'm sorry that I hurt you and that I was such a fool."

This was the chance I begged God for. I wanted to get it off my chest. Troy looked at me, never breaking eye contact as he waited for me to say my bit. "I've been battling with myself, not believing that you loved me so much. After all, there's not much to adore. I'm a mess, a broken mess. I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with, but beneath everything, I appreciate everything you do for me. Losing my family felt like someone plunged into my chest and ripped my heart out. You looked at me and saw that I was falling apart and put me back together."

The smile I grew to love was making its way back onto Troy's face. He put to death the loneliness that forced itself inside me, and I knew he would always be there. "I'm sorry I said I was alone when you were always right there. I don't want to live in the past anymore Troy, I want to be with you." I knew this all along but I was too afraid to admit it to him, especially after the way I treated him. I suddenly didn't feel the weight of the world on my shoulders anymore.

Troy's smile widened at my words, and his eyes sparkled for the first time. "Fluff, you have no idea how long I've been wanting you to say those words." he grinned. I relaxed into his hold, taking in the minty cologne I came to love on him. 

"I always knew you were my family Fluff. It's about time you realized too." He kissed my forehead. "I love you, Fluff." We stayed quiet for a while, drinking up all that we almost let assumptions throw away. By the time we were ready to go inside, the weather had changed for the worst. The skies frowned at the thick grey clouds that floated above us.

 His friends were waiting in the living room. "Finally, no more crocodile tears," Dayton said.

"Dude, fuck off," Troy said. A crimson color crept into his face. 

"See you got your balls back," Kareem said. He sat on the couch next to Marlon who was clearly amused by the gimmicks.

"Leave him alone," I said. I knew they were joking but, I didn't like the jokes they made. 

"It's okay, Fluff, they're just messing with me," He said, leading us to a chair at the far end of the living room. I nodded while looking out the window. It had started pouring heavily and the palm trees in the side yard danced in the wind. It reminded me of home, except we didn't have palm trees. I smiled at the thought of Troy being my home. His lips touched the nape of my neck and sent a wave of electricity through my skin.

I smiled and soon dozed off to the sound of Troy and his friends chatting and laughing as my lullaby.

TROY'S POV

I was ecstatic. For the first time, my life had true meaning. There was someone who could see beneath my facade, someone who didn't care for my mistakes. Out of all the guys in this big-ass world, Trisa picked me. She picked me, not because I was rich and good-looking, but because she saw that I was more than just a rich boy. I had feelings and insecurities like everyone else.