♥Chapter Twenty Seven

The harder you love, the harder you hurt

TROY'S POV

I thought people entered a relationship because they wanted to build their future with that person. I guess I was wrong. It is just for the time being. People leave when as soon as things inconvenience them.

I couldn't understand why Trisa would hurt me like that. Would I leave the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with? This question lingered in my mind as I took the rest of my exams in a haste. I couldn't suffer another day of my feelings played with by her. She treated me like I was some random guy who will use and leave her, then other times she wanted me to stay.

I handed the final three booklets to Professor Hamilton and exited the exam room. On my way down the stairs, I meet Gretchen giggling to something a girl next to her said. The girl didn't bother to stop but passed by me and leaned against the rail, waiting for Gretchen.

"Oh, hey, Troy boy," Gretchen greeted and stroked my chest seductively. Once upon a time, that would be sexy, but not anymore. Her touch disgusted me.

"Don't fucking do that," I warned before holding her fingers and flinging them to her side.

She shook her head, got on her tiptoes, and whispered into my ears, "My legs are still open for you anytime."

I scoffed and wore a face of scorn. "Get the fuck away from me, I'm taken."

"Oh, please, Troy," Gretchen let out. "I know you and that slut are not together."

My blood boiled at her statement and before I could register my actions, my left hand crashed into her face. "Watch your fucking mouth. "

I fixed my shirt and continued my journey down the flight of stairs and then to the dorms. I had begged Anna to get Trisa out of our dorm for a couple of hours. It was hard enough to leave without her, so I couldn't tell her I was taking my summer break early.

Even though Trisa kept trying to talk to me, I just couldn't say anything to her. It hurt me to my core, watching her shoulders slump every time I denied her the time. I wanted to hold her into my chest and tell her I would never leave her. I wanted to keep her close to my heart, and safe from the evil in the world. But first, she needed to learn the difference between me leaving, and me staying.

I was ready to marry her as soon as we graduated, but she had to have faith in me.

Upon reaching my dorm, I unlocked the door and went straight to packing the stuff I needed. An hour and a half later, I was exiting the gates of Flowerville. It was funny how I was dressed in black, driving a black Range Rover, and playing depressing songs.

Not too long after, considering I was a pretty fast driver, I pulled up at the gates to the mansion. This was my mother's house. I grew up in it all alone, with her occasionally being there because of work. I rolled down my window and pressed the buzzer on the metal pole. The security cameras positioned on my vehicle, and about thirty seconds later, the black metal gates opened slowly.

I drove into the yard and parked in the second garage. After hauling out the two large suitcases, I walked toward the front door where I met two securities.

"Good day, Mr. Wilson," The muscular, ash-blonde greeted while opening the door. "Its good to see you."

"Hello, and likewise. " I forced a smile then nodded with the other guy who was much taller but less muscular. He took hold of the two suitcases and led me into the house. The sitting room was just as I left it, very tidy with a new look.

"Sir, since Janelle isn't home, would you like me to inform her of your arrival?" The Security, Andrew, turned to me in question.

"No, it doesn't matter," I replied harshly. "By the way, how is it you to refer my mother by her first name, but me by my sir name?"

I watched as Andrew scratched his head before responding. "Mr. Wilson, you are the man of the house. Plus, your mother requested to be referred to as such."

"Whatever, just call me Troy. I am not old."
Reaching my bedroom door I unlocked it and led him inside. After setting them down, he left, closing the door behind him.

"FUCK!" I yelled, jumping into my king-sized bed that sat against the back wall. I realized how lonely I was. I missed Trisa, and I didn't know what to do without her. Soon, I fell asleep, wondering if I had clouded my mind with the hurt she caused me, and walked away from the love of my life.

Did I do the same thing I was mad at her for doing?

Did I try to run away from the pain that comes with love?

I couldn't answer, and it killed me because even though she was hurting me, I still wanted to be with her. I still wanted to love her and be there for her. I wondered if she would forgive me for leaving without telling her, but it was too late to go back. I needed to clear my head and get my life in order first.

An unknown amount of time later, I felt cold fingers stroking my cheeks. After swatting them away, my mother's voice filled the air. "Son, relax, it's only me," She informed.

"Oh," I muttered, sitting up in the bed.

She studied my features before speaking again. "Son, what happened?" She scooted closer to me and folded her slender arms. "You were crying in your sleep," She added.

I tried to get out of telling her with a lie." That was just a bad dream," I said, forcing a laugh.

She chuckled along with me, then quickly wore a serious face. "Do not lie to me, Troy," The strict woman warned. For such a slim woman, she sure had a big voice.

"Fine," I mumbled, letting out a long breath. I scoured my brain for the right words but came up empty. It was too hard to say aloud. That would make it so much more real, and I couldn't deal with it. I bowed my head and sniffled as the teardrops that filled my eyes trickled down my cheeks and onto the pillow I had placed in my lap.

Noticing this, mom quickly pulled me into a tight hug. As my stifled sniffles filled the air, she held me tighter, as if trying to put my broken pieces back together.

"She doesn't want me anymore, mom," I sobbed into her neck.

She pulled away from the hug, kissed my forehead, and spoke, "I know it hurts now, but I promise it will be okay." I took a moment to register her words, and she spoke again before I could respond. "besides, son, you're very good looking. I'm sure you'll find someone else soon."

"Mom, I don't want anyone else," I yelled my words more than I hoped. This resulted in her standing from her position on the bed and letting out a sigh.

"Fine! suit yourself," Mom told me before adjusting her dark green business suit. "I will help you as best as I can."

With that, she walked out of my bedroom. I hauled myself out of bed and stalked down the hallway. After taking the stairs, I wandered into the kitchen.

It was then I realized how broken my own family was. My parents hadn't gotten a divorce, but he still lived with his other family as if we didn't exist. Mom was a workaholic and when she did find time for me, she ended up giving me harsh advice instead of love.

I didn't know how to be the man a woman wanted because I never had an example. I only knew the kind of man that wasn't good enough. Sometimes, it takes someone breaking your heart to realize how much of the rest of your life was already broken.