Chapter Twenty Two♥

Love them, lest you lose them

TRISA'S POV

Since I got the news of my family's demise, it was from one bad news to another. I just wanted to fall asleep and never wake up. I wanted to be numb and unfeeling, but every time I tried, Troy came along and show me why I shouldn't. he made me feel all these beautiful feelings and he showed me how real his feelings were. He wasn't protecting his reputation anymore, he loved me and he was proud of it. "How can someone be proud to love me?" I didn't feel deserving. I became weak and my walls fell apart, revealing all of my brokenness. Even after seeing me in my bare nakedness, no tough exterior on, he still wanted me. 

I sat at the window syncing my tears with the raindrops that hit the window. I felt the same way the weather did, cold and blueish, and too sad to care about flooded eyes.

Marlon got kidnapped all because of me. If I had known they held him, I would've given myself up when I heard them downstairs. I knew something was wrong when I woke up, peeked outside, and saw black jeeps. They scared me to death, and the only place I have never seen someone search was a dirty linen basket, so I hid there. Troy came to get me afterward, and we left. Later, we ended up in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. My mind kept thinking about poor Marlon.

"Cupcake you are overthinking again." Troy sat next to me, bringing me from my thoughts.

"I can't help it," I sniffled. "He could be dead for all we know."

He sighed and turned my body so we faced each other. "That's not gonna happen."

"But, Troy it's me they want."

"You're mine!" He growled. "No one is taking you. "Plus, Mom is taking care of it. She said to stay put." That's what he kept telling me for the past two days, but his mother was taking too long. Every moment passed, was a moment they could've killed him, and that terrified me.

"Fluff, babe, relax a bit, please." He pleaded, guiding me away from the window before drawing the drapes. "I know you're scared, but you're not alone. You have me and you have my mom and our friends. I know this is hard for you, that's why I'm here."

That speech became the one I heard every time a teardrop fell from my eyes. He changed completely, and for the better, but I wasn't used to a guy caring this much. He cried when I cried and tried his best, just for me.

"You keep saying that, Troy, but really, I am alone."

He shook his head and walked away. 

"I have no family left." I continued, even though I knew that statement was technically me picking a fight. He hated it when I said that.

"Fluff, are you serious right now?"

I shrugged, and even though I didn't answer, he knew I meant yes. He moved to say something, but I quickly got in bed beside him and turned my back. I didn't want to hear it.

"I get that your family is dead. Believe me, I get it because I'm here going through it with you even though you've chased me away multiple times. We're not related, but I am your family too. I fucking love you, so stop saying shit like that to me, it hurts, fluff."

That was the first time he plainly said I hurt him, and I didn't know how to go about saying I was sorry, because I wasn't. I just wanted him to go away sooner than later because eventually, I knew he would. If I couldn't get him to leave willingly, I would make him hate me. That also meant fighting my feelings and hiding the way I trembled under his touch, and the way I smiled widely when he walked into a room. I didn't want to lose control or lose the walls I worked so hard to build. With every unwilling part of me, I'd have to fight this love until he gave up the way I knew he would.

It seemed my words hurt him. He didn't cuddle me like he usually did, and my body ached for his touch. The following day, he sulked around the house, and blatantly ignored me. I guess that was better than an argument. It had been a while since we quarreled because he always walked away from it.

It hurt me to see him with his shoulders slumped and his face resembling an old back road. "Troy, did your mom call yet?"

He looked up from his phone and nodded, then shoved his head right back In, laughing at a text.

"Troy I'm talking to you."

"Im talking to someone who wants to be my family." With that, he shrugged and stalked into the kitchen.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Whatever you want it to, Fluff." It was clear as day what he meant, but the part of me that loved him, wouldn't believe decided to be with someone else. That part of me was all of me. I didn't want to believe it because though I was pushing him away on purpose, though deep down I wanted him to stay.

I kept fighting us because of fear. I wanted him to fight me, for us, but I guess he wouldn't.

I followed him into the kitchen. "Are you talking to someone else, Troy?"

He cocked his head and smirked. "I'm only giving you what you want. You said I should leave quite a few times."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Oh." Maybe true love didn't exist, after all. Maybe it was all just fairy tales that people tried to live. I knew beforehand that I couldn't trust him, yet I still stupidly fell for him. Life was easier when he was an asshole because at least I didn't get to taste the hidden sweetness of his love.

As soon as Marlon returned, I would fly back to Flowerville and relish in whatever the hell college students do. I had nothing else to live for, so I might as well stop caring.