♣Chapter Fifteen

Empty, that's what death leaves you feeling

TROY'S POV

It was Trisa's birthday, so I decided to do something nice for her. Maybe take her on a fancy date or something of the sort. I knew girls liked to dress up and get spoiled on their special days. I wondered if she would care for my treat, with the sudden news she received.

I had advanced calculus until twelve-thirty. On my way up the stairs in the lecture building, I met Anna walking with a girl I hadn't seen before.

"Hey, Anna, what's up?"

Her face turned pale. "Hi, I'm just heading back to the dorm."

"See you later then." I smiled.

I shook off the conversation and continued on my journey. When I ended the stairs, I heard someone say something.

"Dude, you still with Gretchen?" I looked up and saw Dawson.

"You really asking that shit?" I replied.

"That ain't what Gretchen said." Dawson said, leaning against Bob's wall.

"Man, fuck Gretchen. She's just a thirsty bitch."

I didn't care for what Gretchen told him. I knew she would start spreading rumors about me to get my attention. It was nice when I used to fuck her, but she was never my girlfriend to begin with.

"Yeah, she's fun, but on the real, bro," Dawson continued. "She has been telling people you're her boyfriend."

"Dude, I'm done with her; I told her already."

It humored me how Gretchen was chasing a relationship with me while still fucking the football team. She even fucked some of my friends. That attitude was unacceptable to any man with a head that wasn't attached to his dick. It used to be nice to fool around, but after a while, I lost interest. When I met Trisa, I realized I didn't want to have pointless fun anymore, I wanted to be happy. I wanted to make love and not just have hot, dirty sex. I wanted snuggles and cuddles and kisses and deep conversations in the middle of the night.

TRISA'S POV

I fell asleep with the thought of doing it on my mind. I wasn't sure if they would be mad at me, but I didn't care anymore. Eventually, they would get over it. It was easier to think about it than to commit the act. I decided to inform only one person, so by the time the rest found out, it would be much too late. I knew they would throw me a pity party and I didn't want that.

I straightened the sheets on the bed and exited the room, not caring if there was anyone to see my tear-stained face. "Mrs. Rudhard," I called, and she lifted her attention from a bunch of papers to face me.

"Hi, are you still feeling the same?" She asked, refusing to ask if I was okay. I guessed she knew I still wasn't. She studied my face and cracked a sympathetic smile. "Come here." She motioned for me to sit on the chair opposite her.

"I know it's never going to be okay. That's why I have to do this now."

Her eyes widened, and she tried to hide the reaction to my words.

"What?" She asked in such a soft tone, I barely heard her.

"I think it's less painful for me to do it now, because the longer I wait, the harder it will be."

She jumped around the table, and sat on the other chair beside me. She turned it so it faced me.

"No, you can't do that."