Chapter Thirteen♥

NB. Play the above video. Have fun✌

Sometimes realization hits you like a speeding truck

TROY'S POV

For the first time in a long time, I felt rested. I woke to the sound of soft snores, and the scent of green apples filled my nose. At that moment, I realized Having Trisa in my arms every day was what I wanted. And even though I lacked experience in the good guy department, I'd try my best for her. It overwhelmed me that she liked an asshole like me, Troy Wilson. I didn't deserve her, but I guess she didn't care.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Trisa asked. 

"Nothing, Fluff." I smiled shyly. "You're just so beautiful, I can't help myself." I couldn't help it. She was so beautiful and I was so... me. 

She giggled. 

"You blushing fluff?" I tickled her sides till the chain of cackle she let out became silent. This was so much better than waking up next to a random girl whose name I couldn't remember. It was better than waking up to the feel of sweaty synthetic hair on my skin and makeup all over the sheets.

"No, just still sleepy." She tried to pry my hands from her side. "Okay! Okay! Yes, I'm blushing."

"I love you, Fluff," I said. It felt right to say those words to her. Somehow, I felt at peace with the revelation that I was In love, and I found it strange that I liked loving someone.

Trisa smiled.

I didn't expect her to say it back just yet and I didn't mind as long as she said it eventually. "Hey, fluff."

"Hmm," She answered from the bathroom.

"I don't know how to be a boyfriend."

"What?"

"I've never been a boyfriend before." 

With hands on her hips, she gaped at me. "What about the black girl?"

Gretchen was just someone I liked having sex with. She was more of a friend with benefits without the friendship. "Fluff, it was just sex. She just got attached."

"Is that what you'll say about me in a few weeks?" 

"No! You're different, Trisa. I love you." I caressed her face and dried her tears with my thumb. "Fluff, listen." I held her face, so she was looking me in the eyes. "I want you. I want only you and that will never change."

"But, Troy, you don't know what love is."

Her words pierced deep. She was right. How could I know what love was, when no one ever stuck around to show me? The only thing my family ever gave me was money. That's all I knew. I didn't know what love was or what it felt like. "So what, Fluff? I know what it isn't!" 

She jumped at my words, but I pulled her closer to me and held her gaze. "I'm not perfect, but I promise if there is ever a time when you don't feel like I love you, just tell me and I'll walk away."

Trisa looked at me wide-eyed before responding. "Okay." 

It was clear in her eyes she still didn't trust me, and I couldn't blame her. I just had to fix it. My lips caressed her forehead, and she responded with a polite smile. We stood in complete silence, staring at each other. 

"We'll talk later, okay. I'll come back to take you to the nurse."

"That's okay, I'll just have Anna take me," She opposed, walking to the desk and opening her laptop.