Chapter Seven♠

Denial has karma that gives a good punch

TROY'S POV

I confronted the guy from the party. I knew him from the back streets in New York where I did bike stunts at nights and sometimes got into fights. Bikers hate losing. I didn't remember his name, but I couldn't forget his face. I went to warn him about coming to parties at Flowerville And to make sure he knew Trisa was in my territory, so he had better leave her alone. Of course, we didn't have a civilized conversation like the grown men. We fought like the mad dogs we are and ended up with wounds all over.

Since I met Trisa, my life turned upside down. I had an urge to protect her, to keep her from falling into the college lifestyle. I couldn't stand being around her and I couldn't stand not having her near me. I didn't want her, and I didn't want her to want anyone or anyone else to want her. She had a fiery attitude that made her even more attractive. But, it also put her in the spotlight. The worst part was, she was so unaware. Unaware of how captivating she was, how she bewitched men by simply existing.

"Fuck!" My arm still hurt even after the extra doses of painkillers I took.

"Bro, she's not that good looking. Get your head out of the gutter." Marlon chuckled. He was talking about a girl we passed in the lecture halls. She wore too much makeup and too few clothes. She was hot, but didn't meet girlfriend standards, at least not for me and definitely not for Marlon.

"Are you kidding, She's not good looking at all," I corrected. "I mean, she's kinda hot and I'd probably tap it, but that's about it."

"Then why'd you curse?" He questioned and held both his hands at his hips and raised an eyebrow.

"My arm still hurts like a bitch."

"Sorry, bro, but that's what you get for fighting." After checking the bandage, he promised to redress it when we got to the dorms. Sometimes I thought he was too good for me. He was the total opposite of me, gentle and caring and not an asshole. Yet females flocked to me more than him. They always chose the bad guy and regret it later.

When I unlocked my dorm room door, I noticed a guy sitting across from Trisa on her bed. She was too busy laughing at something he said to notice me. She laughed for everybody except me.

"Hey, you, scram!"

The guy jumped. He scrambled to his feet and scurried past me with his laptop and books.

"Sissy."

"What the hell was that for?" Trisa asked, slamming her books down on the desk.

"Don't entertain men in my dorm," I said.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do, Troy. This is my dorm too, don't forget that."

I forget he was there until he spoke. "Leave her alone man and watch how you move that wounded arm of yours." His face held an amused grin.

I didn't notice my arm had bled more. "Shit!"

"You piss me off every time you see me," Trisa yelled, staring at me with killer eyes. "I wish you'd just die and leave me the hell alone!" She barked. "Hi, Marlon." She smiled at him while still glaring at me.

"Hey, don't mind Troy, he can be an ass sometimes."

"He's an ass all the time." With that, Trisa left.

"I'm so flattered listening to you say decent things about me. You're my best bro, pick up for me."

"Stop overreacting. I'm your best bro, but you're wrong this time." Marlon Shook his head and patted my shoulder, going into the bathroom.

"I'm not wrong. I can't have her entertaining men in here," I said. "This is my personal space, bro." It was her personal space too, and she had every right to do as she pleased. I wasn't mad because her friend invaded my room, I was mad because she had someone over, spending time with. I wouldn't admit that though.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, bro."

I rolled my eyes, knowing it made me sleep better at night.

"Stop twitching." He held my hand in place. "Does it hurt?"

"No, it doesn't." I glared at him. "In fact, I don't feel a thing."

Marlon finished and cleaned the sink. "Give her a break. You don't own her and you're not her dad."

"I know that, but I can't leave her alone if she always irritates me."

"That's what you like to tell yourself. Everyone knows you like her, so just admit your feelings already."

"I don't like her." I didn't like her. She was too rebellious and hotheaded. I liked submissive women and in no way, shape or form was Trisa submissive.

"So what do you call keeping tabs on her just so you can be the knight in shining armor when she's in trouble?" Marlon chuckled at his own joke.

"I don't know, helping her."

"Oh please, Troy. I've known you all of my sensible years, you like her... alot. No woman has ever gotten on your nerves."

Sometimes I hated how much he knew me. It was like he could see through every wall I put up. He knew how I felt before I say it every time. I couldn't hide from him. "So what if I like her, she hates me?" I sighed, "No chance there."

"Maybe if you were being friendly to her, she wouldn't hate you so much." He Stated.
"Quit the asshole act, Troy, and be a man about your feelings." He was such a big brother about giving advice, even though technically, I was five months and two weeks older than him.

Trisa would never like me. She even said she wished I'd die. Those words pierced me deeper than I'd like to admit, but I guess I deserved it for being such a jerk. Her actions were contradicting. One minute she's cleaning up after me and the next, she's telling me how much she despises me. Even If I wanted to be nice to her, I didn't know how to. The only woman in my life was my mother and as cold as it sounds, she's a heartless bitch. And as it relates to other girls, I never had to chase any. They always flocked me and all I ever had to do was cooperate, flash money and say nasty shit.

So how do you woo a girl? "I should Google it."