1.1.1: The Adopted Granddaughter - EDITED

ARC 1: The Adoptive Granddaughter

When Xiao Yunhua heard the ding, an immense amount of light blinded and surrounded her. Her heavy and numb body suddenly felt like vitality was rushing through it. Xiao Yunhua glanced around and noticed that she was floating in a dull, grey-like place that was covered with endless mist and fog. There wasn't a sign of anything other than herself.

Suddenly, she heard a childish cough. She turned around and noticed a small, chubby fairy with cute monarch butterfly wings giving her a stare. The fairy was wearing a blue dress that had trimmings of a golden-orange and a pair of small, black slippers. Her hair was styled into two space buns being held by orange and blue scrunchies. Her big, silver eyes were staring with a mixture of curiosity and pity. Xiao Yunhua didn't know why this little bubble was giving her pity, but she had a feeling that it was based on her life the past few days.

"Welcome!" The squeak-like voice greeted. "I have chosen you as my host for the Ultimate Goddess System."

"Why?" Xiao Yunhua asked, her insecurities suddenly filling her head. Why would such a cute little thing pick her and not her perfect stepsister? She wasn't worth anything, and her family's constant scorn was the proof.

"Because..." I pitied you and so did the Creator. But the little fairy didn't say that. Instead, she said, "Because you and your name were randomly generated instead of going on to the afterlife."

Xiao Yunhua felt as though there was a lie involved, but she decided not to question it too much. After all, this was a miracle. Not only would she be able to live, but most likely, she would be blessed with heavenly looks like her protagonists in her novels.

However, despite her belief, the little fairy giggled when she heard her thoughts. "Sorry, but you'll have to work hard to be beautiful. It's not granted to you like your female protagonists."

"You can read my thoughts!?" Xiao Yunhua exclaimed in shock, to which the little fairy nodded.

"I can't help it though. Everything that goes on in the space is immediately told to me, including your thoughts." The little fairy explained apologetically. "Anyways, my name is Xiao Taotao and I'm your assistant for this long journey!"

"Why is it long?" Xiao Yunhua asked, to which Xiao Taotao sighed.

"You need to accumulate one hundred million points to officially finish and live peacefully."

Hearing the astonishingly large number, Xiao Yunhua gaped. And what did Xiao Taotao mean by points?

"Pretty Points. They're accumulated by pretty much anything. For a good deed, for a good plan, even for getting the respect of men or women. The more a man is impressed with you, the more points you can earn. Using those points, you can trade them in to use for anything. Either a skill, beauty product, or even an object!" Xiao Taotao explained meticulously. "When you successfully make a mission fall in love with you, you get a Beauty Boost, which is basically a large number of Pretty Points and a gift of picking a free skill."

Nodding as she understood, Xiao Yunhua suddenly asked, "For each mission, how many points will I get from the Beauty Boost?"

"It depends on how powerful the target is." Xiao Taotao said. "The higher the status or power, the more points. In fact, a commoner or any person without authority gets you ten points. An officer or soldier or doctor or surgeon or someone in that wavelength gets you one hundred points. A minister or someone of high authority in the military, like a general, gets you one thousand points. A marquis, baron, lawyer, or anyone of that range gets you ten thousand points. A prince or a duke gets you one hundred thousand points. A king gets you five hundred thousand points. An emperor gets you one million points..." Xiao Taotao hesitated but continued, "And finally, a god gets you ten million points."