1.1.5: Ruining Her Chances of Love - EDITED

The moment Xiao Yunhua walked inside the small house, her grandmother rushed to her side and her old eyes scanned for any injuries. Xiao Yunhua sighed as she said, "Grandmother, I'm fine. You're worrying too much."

"Silly child!" Han Mi scolded, "How could you be home so late!? I was so close to calling the police to search for you!"

When Xiao Yunhua heard how severe the situation was, she frowned and shook her head. "Grandmother," she said gently, grasping the old woman's hands in hers, "I just missed my bus and walked home. No worries, your Yunhua is still here, safe without worries."

Han Mi squeezed the hands of her granddaughter that she had grown to adore throughout these past eight years. Truly, she wouldn't know what to do without her. Her granddaughter, at this point, was the only reason she was living. Her own children and former husband have all abandoned her, so in this living world, she only had Han Yunhua. And Han Mi knew that to her granddaughter, Han Mi was the only one that was there for her. If there was a day that she was forced to leave to the Netherworld, Han Mi promised herself to tell her granddaughter the truth about her identity first.

Maybe she would discover her birth parents in the future. For now, Han Mi would take care and indulge her to extreme lengths and measures.

"Alright, alright." Han Mi said softly, still holding onto Xiao Yunhua's hands. "Your old grandmother is getting senile and making assumptions."

"Grandmother!" Xiao Yunhua exclaimed, "You're not old! You're forever young. Besides, you can't be senile if your mind is more clear than anyone else's." Her teasing tone made Han Mi chuckle as she fondly regarded her. In terms of filial piety, her granddaughter outshone everyone, which she was proud of.

Suddenly, Xiao Yunhua pulled Han Mi to sit down. When they both occupied seats, she sighed as she didn't know how to tell her grandmother the truth about her decisions.

"Grandmother..." Despite her hesitance, Xiao Yunhua decided to tell her the truth. "I want to graduate early and get a job."

Han Mi froze in shock. Her sweet granddaughter, why on earth did she want to stop going to school, leaving herself with an incomplete high school experience? She even wanted to get a job? Had she been suffering due to the small amount of money that Han Mi provided her? Guilt filled Han Mi for neglecting her granddaughter enough for her to want to get a job.

Xiao Yunhua saw that Han Mi was silently feeling shock, disappointment and guilt. She didn't understand why the old woman would feel disappointed because she expected for the old woman to feel happy that she was taking such an action.

"Grandmother?" Xiao Yunhua spoke gently, "Are you alright?"

"Yunhua, if this is because of our financial troubles, then I advise you to get this idea out of your head immediately." Han Mi said strictly, her eyes still holding a glint of guilt.

Xiao Yunhua fervently shook her head. "Grandmother, it's not because of that! I genuinely want to be done with school and get a job while starting university."

"But you're sixteen!" Han Mi sighed. "Is this really what you want? Or is it just a spur of actions that every young teenager takes?"

"Grandmother, I thought you'd be more supportive!" Xiao Yunhua snapped in anger. Her plans were going to be ruined if this continued! She needed Zhou Feng's heart or else her soul would be obliterated!

"Han Yunhua—" Han Mi's voice was laced with worry, but Xiao Yunhua didn't allow her to continue as she stood up to leave.

"Grandmother, I'll be spending the nights at a friend's house until you agree!" Xiao Yunhua didn't even bother to take anything except for her phone. Once she was walking outside, she dialed Zhao Meiliang's phone number.