1.1.12: The Wheel of Wonders - EDITED

When Xiao Yunhua returned to the hospital, she immediately felt dread fill her heart. She glanced around, looking for Qiang Yue, but couldn't find him anywhere. Furrowing her eyebrows, she quickly appeared at room 512, her grandmother's room, and slowly grew frantic when she saw the empty bed.

She noticed the same nurse that was there when she woke up from her blackout, Ling Qiu, and quickly rushed up to her. The former eyes filled with positivity were now filled with sympathy and pity. Her expression shocked Xiao Yunhua as she felt even more dread fill her heart.

"Ms. Ling Qiu," she politely called out, attracting Ling Qiu's attention. "where is my grandmother?"

Ling Qiu sighed, not knowing how to break it to this fragile child. She remembered how Han Yunhua blacked out just at the thought of her grandmother being ill; Ling Qiu didn't want to know how she'd react if she was told that her grandmother was dead. In the end, she could only answer Han Yunhua with silence.

Luckily, Dr. Qiang Yue appeared and saved her from an uncomfortable and sad conversation. Ling Qiu motioned for the doctor to break the news to the girl as she stood behind the girl, in case she blacked out.

"Miss Han..." Qiang Yue glared at Ling Qiu for putting such a heavy responsibility on his shoulders, but the young nurse only playful shrugged and left him to fend for himself. Her expression changed to urgency as she was mentally telling him to tell Han Yunhua the truth.

"Miss Han, unfortunately, your grandmother suffered a huge shock and couldn't withstand it..." Qiang Yue firmly held her gaze with his and continued despite his earlier hesitation, "Unfortunately, Elder Han passed away this morning."

Her grandmother was gone. That exploded in her mind until she felt her eyes stinging with unshed tears. But Xiao Yunhua didn't allow them to fall. She was sick and tired of crying and feeling hurt. She was sick and tired of depending on other people. She realized that there wasn't anybody there for her except herself and this bitter truth wasn't going to change no matter how many times she reincarnated or found herself in different worlds. Such a discovery was too painful, especially on her first mission.

Xiao Yunhua expected to experience such a heartbreaking pain at least a few worlds in, but reality wasn't always the best when it came to gently enforcing things upon people. Xiao Yunhua closed her eyes and wiped away the unshed tears from her eyes. She took a deep breath and saw that a very concerned Ling Qiu and Qiang Yue staring back at her, almost like they expected for her to blackout again.

"I'm fine." She lied and reassured. Her face was expressionless and her eyes were no longer crying, albeit still red. In her mind, the blade for revenge sharpened even more, especially against the Zhou family. Really, they could've saved her grandmother. But by the expressions she saw the other day, they absolutely despised Han Mi and her target absolutely despised her.

Therefore, she needed a better plan. Her attention has been diverted for long enough. She bowed her head in respect and quickly left room 512, leaving both nurse and doctor frozen in surprise. She had taken the news a lot better than they expected, but she hadn't even allowed for them to finish speaking to her! In fact, now that she was an orphan that was also a minor, both felt pity for the girl that depended on the old woman.

How would Xiao Yunhua survive? That was the question that was in both Ling Qiu and Qiang Yue's heads. Unfortunately, they'd never find out because Han Yunhua had disappeared, and so had the body of the deceased Han Mi.

In the middle of her dimensional space, Xiao Yunhua asked for Xiao Taotao to find a place to bury Han Mi for her to reincarnate peacefully. Xiao Yunhua clasped her hands together and prayed for the fallen woman that she had grown to love like her biological grandmother.