The Suitor-

The sunlight hit between the gap in my curtains, brightening my room. I rubbed my eyes and yawned before walking into my bathroom.

I looked into the mirror and realisation hit that he's coming tonight. But maybe this is another chance at life for me. Maybe this is a sign from grandma telling me it's a new beginning after everything I have been through. Maybe this is a chance God is giving me to start a new life.

My parent always worried about me more than the rest of my siblings not because I was the oldest but how much I have been through in my life. They were always worried for me and especially how my future will plan out. I've always had that thought I would never have a boyfriend but now I'm getting married to some guy I don't even know.

Nonetheless maybe this a chance for me, well I'm taking this as a new start in my life and I'm going to try hard to make it work. I have to be positive, positive, positive I repeated in my head.

I washed my face and tied my hair up before rushing downstairs for breakfast. As I entered the dining room the lovely aroma hit my nose and my mouth was instantly watering. I took a seat and I felt everyone's quiet and intense gaze on me. I plated my food on to my plate and everyone was still silent the only you could hear was cutlery against the plates and Oliver's swallowing as he chugged his orange juice.

The room was silent until my dad broke the silence,
"Serenity dear, I know you're upset but this is for your future. I promise you will be happy, now cheer up and show your Papa that amazing smile" my dad says patting my shoulder and I weakly gave him a smile.

"I'm just scared" I reply quietly and both my sister give me a smile but I couldn't smile back at them.

"Of course you will, but darling I promise you that you will be fine. Nana got married to Grandpa at 16 and she didn't even know she was marrying him till the day before but after she got married to him they lived happily together" My Mom says and I smile at the memory of my Nana (grandma).

"I guess" I say quietly while I continued to sip on my cup of coffee.

"Just promise me you will try dear" my mom says and I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"I promise" I reply with a weak smile.

"Anyway Darling, your dress has been steamed is hung up in my room. Also Ana and Autumn your dresses are in my room" my mom says and we all nod in response.

"I want everyone ready by 5pm including you Baxter, I don't want to hear excuses" my mom says and scolds my dad and we all chuckle.

After breakfast I go up to my room and I have some spare time until I have to get ready so now I do my favourite thing.

Art.

I grab my pad and sketch pencils, I take a seat at my desk and take a deep breath before the tip of the pencil led touches the paper.

Art was an escape for me, every time I was in my room sketching or painting I would be lost for hours, every thing would be blocked away and I wouldn't even realise time passing or anything around me. I drew some flowers, I always loved drawing flowers. I loved flowers in general especially red roses. I had never received red roses ever or brought some but I always wish that one day someone will buy a bunch red roses for me.

Red roses just have a special sentimental meaning to me there's no particular reason why but when I see them I just feel this special feeling.