Lunch "Date"

I was currently sat on the floor with all of my clothes on the around me. I emptied my whole closet trying to find and outfit for my lunch with Shawn. Ana and Autumn were trying to piece a nice outfit for me but I wasn't having it.

"How about this?" Autumn says holding up a pastel blue skater dress.

"That could work" I say standing up taking a look at it and tapping my chin.

"With these tan brown boots" Ana exclaims holding my boots up.

"Fine I'll wear this" I say taking the dress from Ana's hands and changing into it.

I put the pastel blue dress on, it hugged my figure and flowed down just above my knees. Autumn straightened my hair as I was doing my make up and Ana complained about her boyfriend.

Once I was done I sprayed my favourite perfume, put on my boots and then put on my gold necklace that had a rose on it. I grabbed my phone and purse before checking myself in the mirror.

"You look so pretty" Autumn says and I smile

"Damn, is that my big sis going on her first date?"
Ana says poking me and sending me a wink and I shook my head.

"Thank you, I'll see you guys later" I say before heading out my room and then following behind.

I walk down the stairs successfully making it down into the hall and to the front door. I gave my mom a hug before leaving and walking to the restaurant.

I walked through the streets of Toronto, I plugged my earphones in before letting my playlist run as I walked to the restaurant.

It was cute, and it's was small. There weren't many people but I walked in and got a table, I took my earphones out and decided to text Shaw just to let him know I'm here.

To: Shawn
Hi Shawn, I just wanted to let you know I'm here and I've got a table :)

That's was the most awkward text I have ever sent, because I had no idea what to text. He read my message but hasn't replied yet maybe he's on his way. I was feeling really nervous like it was a first date but I know it wasn't. I had butterflies in my stomach erupting.

It had been almost 40 minutes of waiting, I ordered a milkshake while waiting. I was wondering where he was and I wasn't going to double text or call him to find out.

I'll just wait a little longer maybe he's in traffic? I tapped my fingers and played a few games on my phone before a message popped up from Shawn.

From: Shawn
Sorry I can't make it, busy with a meeting

To: Shawn
It's fine, no worries

I sighed before getting up and paying for my milkshake. The waitress sent me a sympathetic smile, and I smiled back at her before leaving.

I was kind of upset that he couldn't make it to the lunch but it's understandable because he is business man and who am I to take that away from him.

I decided to go to the small book store on the corner
of the street as I was walking with my music playing something caught my attention.

As I was walking and crossing the street I saw Shawn getting out of a car and a girl both of them walking into an Italian restaurant. My eyes widen as I stood still on the corner of the street, I could help but feel slight pain in my heart after he blew me off for a "meeting". Or maybe I'm just over thinking and he's actually going on a meeting. I should trust him not over think, I reminded myself.

I shook my head and went into the bookstore and occupied myself by looking at different books.

I picked out a a classic 'Romeo and Juliet' as I held it in my hand waiting in the line. I paid for the book and decided to head back home.
-

I made my way back home again and it looks like everyone was out preparing for the engagement tomorrow. So I changed into my pjs which was some comfy shorts and a black t-shirt. I laid on my book reading the first few pages of my book then my phone buzzed-

From: Emily
I'm staying over tonight for the engagement tomorrow! Bringing pizza over see ya x

To: Emily
This is why I love ya x

From: Emily
I love me too :p

To: Emily
Whatever see you soon

Emily had been over for a few hours now, we ate pizza, did face masks and watched cheesy romance movies.

"How was your date?" She asks and I move my eye from the tv on to her.

"Well first its not a "date" and second he didn't show up because he had a work meeting" I shrugged.

"It's alright at least you went" she sighs

"Yeah, and I got book" I chuckle and she shakes her head at me and she stuffs a handful of popcorn.

"And as I was walking to the book store I kinda seenhimgoingintoaresturantwithagirl" I say really fast making her raise her eyebrows at me.

"Repeat that" she says and I sigh

"I kind of see him going into a restaurant with girl" I say and her jaw drops to the ground.

"What!" She exclaims and I nod.

"But it could have been for a meeting, I'm not accusing him of anything because I don't know him. Also I'm nothing to him so it wouldn't matter anyway" I say quietly and she stares into my eyes

"I don't know what to say" she says awkwardly looking back at the tv screen.

"Well it doesn't matter, there is no point of me over reacting because he could genuinely be at a meeting. Also I'm getting engaged to him tomorrow so I just should be open minded and forget it" I say and she shrugs "I guess so" she replies.

Emily went to sleep way before me and I was still awake. I went downstairs and both my parents were on the couch curled up together asleep. That's exactly what I wanted, to be like them a happy couple.

I closed the door and then went into the kitchen and got myself a glass of water. I took a deep breath before walking back to my room where Emily was sprawled out on the bed. I pushed her over before crawling into bed. I closed my eyes and shook all the thoughts and everything that happened today before drifting into a deep sleep...