Thanksgiving (2)

S H A W N-

We sat playing a few games while dinner was getting ready and I could smell the aroma of the delicious food cooking. Everyone was teasing serenity and she was getting mad but it was so funny.

Right now we were playing world trivia, Serenity was curled up into my lap as I had my arms wrapped around her and my chin resting on her shoulder. She turned her head to me "Shawn what's the answer"  she whispers in my ear.

"Hey! you can't ask Shawn for help that's cheating" Stella yells and they all look at us.

"No it's not he's my team mate and I'm making sure he's decided on an answer with me" she protests

"Cheater!" Alessandro yells and she crosses her arms.

"Well it was okay when Lacey whispered the answer in your ear" she exclaims.

"Don't you dare tell her the answer Shawn" Alessandro says and I gulp giving him a nod.

Serenity faces me stroking my cheek, pouting at me making me feel guilty as I look into her big eyes.

"You're guilt tripping him" Alessandro says and she shakes her head, before brushing her nose against mine.

"Shut up Alessandro let her ask Shawn if she wants" Lana spits and he rolls his eyes.

"You're saying I pick on you when you're all against me" Alessandro says and the girls burst into laughter.

"I think that's enough games for you guys" Brielle yells from the couch and they all agree before standing up.

Serenity ran off to Lana while I stood next to Chris, he was a cool guy.

"So what do you do?" I ask.

"I'm a lawyer and I work for one of the biggest firms in the country, what about you?" he says and I nod.

"That's cool, I have my own music company. We make instruments and organise music events" I say be he smiles.

"Wow that seems like fun" he chuckles.

"It's a lot of work but I enjoy it. I work from home most of the days" I say and he nods.

"I work normally at the firm but from next month working at home because Brielle's going to pop anytime soon" he laughs and I smile.

"How are my brother-in-laws?" We hear Alessandro's voice from behind making me jump almost. His girlfriend stood beside him smiling at me making me feel really uncomfortable.

"So how is the married life?" He says patting my shoulder and I smile.

"It's great" I say and he laughs.

"I'll be back" he says leaving Lacey with us.

"So both of you guys are married" she says, me and Chris both nod.

"I'm also expecting a child in two months too" Chris adds and she smiles.

"Thats cute, I can't believe you both are so young and good looking already married at this age" she smirks and then winks flirtatiously at me and I immediately look away.

I look over her shoulder seeing Serenity who smiles at me. Alessandro walks back to us wrapping his arms around Lacey and kissing her over coated glossed lips making me cringe.

Then Serenity runs over jumping at me wrapping her arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around her waist before she turns around with her back pressed against my chest.

"love your necklace, it's pretty" she says to Lacey, who replies, "Thanks Al got it for me" she smiles at Alessandro.

"Well dinner is ready let's go to the dining hall" Serenity says pulling my hand to the huge dining room. The huge table was full of delicious food and my mouth started watering instantly.

Serenity held my hand as we took a seat, Lacey sat next to me on the right and beside her was Alessandro. I was very uncomfortable but a moved closer Serenity who was on my left. "Thank you Aunt Esme this is so nice" she says and her aunt smiles.

"Okay everyone were going to do a prayer" she says taking a seat on the top of the table. Everyone took each others hands, Serenity soft hands laced with mine.

"I don't want to hold Lacey's hand" I whisper quietly into Serenity's ear.

"It's okay. I don't want you to either but it's only for a few minutes" she says into my ear and then smiles at me. I sigh before putting my hand out for Lacey, a smirk ran across her face as she placed her hand into mine. Her extremely long nails dug into the back of my hand.

Everyone closed their eyes while Aunt Esme said they prayer. "Today we are gathered on thanksgiving. Blessed with a table full of food and blessed with all the family gathered around this table. We thank you God for this blessing, Amen" she says and everyone mumbles 'Amen' before everyone starts putting some food on to their plate.

Serenity stood up and plated food for herself and me, I smiled as she handed my plate full of food. Everyone got into their small conversations while eating. "Let's go around the table and everyone has to say one thing they are thankful for" Serenity's mom says and everyone nods.

"I'll start" Oliver yells from next to Serenity,
"I'm thankful for the new Spider-Man costume Mommy got me" he giggles and everyone laughs.

"I'm thankful for being here today with my family and being able to celebrate this great holiday with everyone" Serenity says and everyone 'awws'

Serenity held my hand under the table giving me a smile. "I'm thankful for being able to celebrate with lovely people especially Serenity" I say with a smile and she blushes next to me as everyone 'awws' at us as I squeeze her hand.

As everyone carries on talking, me and Serenity quietly eat our food. "Try this you'll love it" she says feeding me a piece of roasted chicken I open my mouth letting the chicken fall into my mouth.

My tongue lightly grazed across her finger making his swat my arm. "Shawn" she giggles and I shake my head as a huge grin appears in my face.

"It's good isn't it" she says and I nod.

"You're so adorable" She smiles at me squeezing my cheeks.

"Oh gag me with a spoon you guys are so gross" We hear Alessandro's voice from behind me.

We both turn our heads to face Alessandro looking at us in disgust. "Spongebob" I say and he widens his eyes at me.

"You little- Serenity I can't believe you told him" he says and she giggles. He slams his fist in frustration before Lacey places her hand over his and whispers something in his ear making him calm down.

After a few minutes the chicken I ate, I could taste the spiciness and heat as my throat starts burning. I cough and then swung the cold glass of water down to cool my throat. "Are you okay Shawn?" Serenity asks me and I nod. "It's was a little spicy" I say and she chuckles.

"Little white Canadian boy can't handle spice" I hear Alessandro say.

"Stop picking on him Al" Serenity say and he puts his hands up in surrender rolling his eyes.

"Thought a guy like you could handle some spice" Lacey says with a smirk on her face and I awkwardly turn my head back to Serenity who was dazed with Oliver.

"I'm so full my jeans are about to pop" She says leaning back in the chair. I take my fingers and poke her stomach making her giggle.

"We can change into our pjs after dinner" she says and I nod sitting back in my chair.

I lace my fingers with hers as we wait for everyone finish their dinner...