Arranged...

I was sat in the couch and today was the 31st of December the day we would have been back from Paris but instead we got the greatest news of our lives yesterday. I still hadn't told anyone yet as I'm not ready but after today's scan and once all my questions are answered, I'll decide with Shawn when we can tell our families.

Shawn came out of his office when his phone pressed to his ear. He sat beside me and I could hear the familiar voice yelling on the other side of the line.

"Serenity, your mom's on the phone" he whispers and I shake my head.

He handed me the phone and I sighed before murmuring a small 'hello'.

"Young lady, why haven't you been answering your phone. It's been a whole day you haven't answered my calls or texts. Do you know how worried I was?" My mom yells and I bite my lip anxiously.

"Sorry, I was busy doing laundry and then my phone died which I forgot to charge" I lie and she makes and tsks noise.

"Well, how was your appointment yesterday?" She asks and I nervously look at Shawn. He whispers 'tell her they haven't got the results yet'.

"Umm, they haven't got the results yet" I stutter.

"What is this? How come they haven't got the results yet? It should have been here by now" she complains and I roll my eyes.

"Mom, I really don't know but I don't mind waiting for the results" I say and she sighs.

"Anyway, tomorrow I'm having a New Years party in the evening at 7pm. Shawn's family are also coming along. So will I see you there?" She says

"Yes I'll see you tomorrow then mom" I say before disconnecting the phone and dramatically sighing and passing it back to Shawn.

"What is she saying?" He asks and I sigh as he rubs my leg with his hand.

"She's just asking why the results haven't come and she invited us over tomorrow for New Years" I say and he nods.

"How are you feeling?" He asks while his hand strokes up and down my leg. He leaned back on the couch and I swung myself over to him. I sat on his lap with both my legs on either side of him. I rested my head on his shoulder as his hand soothingly rubbed my back.

"I'm just tired" I say with a sigh and he hushes me quietly to relax.

"I still can't believe we're actually having a baby!" He says and I lift my head up to see his huge bright eyes full of joy and happiness.

"Me too it's just so crazy and amazing and nerve-wrecking all at the same time" I say and he chuckles.

"But we're in this together I promise you. Forever and always" he says placing a kiss on my lips.

"Forever and Always" I repeat making a small smile curl on his lips before I plant my lips on his.

I wrap my hand at the back of his neck and his hand did the same keeping me pressed against his lips. Our lips moved in rhythm and deepened passionately before we pulled away. Our foreheads we rested against each others.

I placed a small kiss on his nose before my hand caressed his cheeks. My fingers trails over his cheek as he smiled sheepishly at me. My index finger trailed all over every detail of his face. As I trailed my index finger over his lips, he opened his mouth and lightly bit my finger making me squeal.