Examination

———I sat in the cream and full office holding my mom's hand. I was sat in between both of my parents as my legs bounced up and down anxiously. The door opened as it revealed my doctor walking in slowly. She walked over to the desk and opened up a file while flicking through the papers.

"Well Miss Rivers, I can tell you that after your six months of chemo you are actually cancer free. Congratulations" she smiles and a huge sigh of relief leaves my lips. Tears roll from my cheeks and my parents cheek as my mom hugs me tightly. The one thing that me and my whole family have been waiting for the whole year was this good news. Words could not describe how happy I was knowing after a year of pain and treatments this horrible disease is gone.

"However, now that it's gone there is 15% chance that it could come back but as you are young your body will probably be able to fight it off" she says and I nod wiping away my tears. 

"Thank you so much" I say with so much happiness in my heart.

"Also Miss Rivers, this is obviously something that no woman wants to hear. But the chemo treatments and other treatments have made the thick lining in your uterus very thin meaning the eggs from your ovaries not be able to stay in their and produce. This means that you unfortunately won't be able to have children, I'm sorry" she says and my mom gasps. I feel my chest tighten as my vision is blurry because the tears are welled up in my eyes.

Children.

The one think every woman dreams of, and everyone wants to experience. I know that's one thing I've wanted to experience in the future and one thing I've wanted to have in the future. My cancer is gone which I'm thankful for but now the precious ability to have children of my own is gone too.

Why is life so unfair for me? God why did you do this to me? Why is everything that I love always taken away from me? My Nana, My brother and now children!

I closed my eyes as I cried into my hands all I could was muffled voices around me———

"Serenity" I heard Shawn's voice as my eyes snap open. My cheeks are wet and my pillow was soaked.
He pulled me up into his chest as I sobbed quietly from the awful vivid dream. His hands rubbed up and down my back soothingly as he shushed me.

"Let's get you some water" he says pulling me up as we walked to the kitchen slowly. I glanced at the time and it was now 2:47am we got home around 11pm after a great two-day stay with Shawn's family.

He sat me up on the counter and I winced as the back of my thigh can in contact with the cold marble counter. Shawn handed me a cold glass of water and I gulped it all down and placed the glass beside me. I looked down at my legs as I played with the hem of my shorts as he placed his hands on both my sides stroking it up and down.

"Do you want to tell me?" He asks and I shake my head 'no'. He hooks my chin with his fingers making me look into his eyes his thumb wiped away the tears under my eyes.

"How about some ice-cream?" He asks and a grin creeps up on my lips making him chuckle before he walks to the freezer. He brings out the tub of ice-cream and two spoons. He lifts himself on the counter as he opens the tub of ice-cream and I scoop some out onto my spoon.

The cold sweet cream lands and melts on my tongue as I close my eyes enjoying the taste. "Mmm" I hear Shawn's voice from beside me. I giggle as I watch him enjoy the ice-cream.

"Feel better?" He asks and I nod while I scoop some more ice-cream into my mouth. I hop off the counter placing my spoon in the sink and he does the same and also places the tub back in the freezer.