Cancelled Flights + Destroyed Friendships

"Babe, wake up please" I hear Shawn's voice, I yawn and rub my eyes. I sit myself up leaning on the headboard. I rub my eyes and just take a few minutes to understand what was happening. I glanced at my phone to see it was 5:36am. Our flight was at 7am but we had to get there early to check in.

"I'm so tired" I yawn before looking at Shawn who was fully dressed.

"I know, I know but I promise once we get there you can sleep" he says and I nod before rolling out of the warm bed and standing in the cold.

I pulled myself a pair of jeans and sweater before taking my clothes and a towel to the shower. Once my shower was over I dried my hair and I started braiding it and then by that time Shawn brought me a cup of coffee and a plate of waffles which placed on the desk while I finished braiding my hair.

I applied some moisturiser on my face before taking a few sips of my coffee and a couple of bites of the waffle. I turned to see Shawn staring a me with a huge smile on his face making me raise my eyebrow at him.

"What are you staring it?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Just staring at my beautiful wife's face. Got a problem?" He says and I bite my lip before shaking my head.

"I can't wait for the getaway to Paris! It's just going to amazing me and you, no one else and no other stress" I say and he smiles.

"We can't go on the getaway trip if just sit here and chat. Hurry up woman" he scolds me playfully and I laugh before standing up to put my boots on. He carried our suitcase to the front door while I grabbed my backpack and raced to the door where Shawn was waiting.

I leaped and wrapped my arms around him as I place a kiss on his lips making him smile. I break away before I look into his beautiful eyes and I grab his hand in mine as we both walk out of the door together.
___

We're sat at the airport in our gate waiting for our flight to be called. It was delayed by almost an hour it's was 7:56am now and we should've boarded by 7am. I leaned my head on Shawn's shoulder as his hand stroked my thigh.

"Shawn, I'm starving" I say as I could smell food from a far.

"We just had breakfast" he says and I sigh.

"I know but I'm hungry again, so please can you buy me some food" I say and he chuckles before he gets up leaving me in the waiting area.

I pull my phone out and decide to play some games on my phone to keep me occupied in the mean time while he was gone to get me food. After a few minutes Shawn came and landed in his seat with a bag of McDonalds making my eyes widen in happiness.

He handed me the bag and I was practically drooling just smelling the warm food. "I love you" I say while opening the bag pulling out the box of fries and the dip.

"I love you too" he say before pressing a kiss to my temple.

"I was talking to the food" I joke and his eyes widen making me giggle.

"Well I guess I should just take it back since I paid for it" he says as his hands reach for a few fries.

"I was kidding, I love you obviously and I love you more for buying me the food kindly" I say and he shakes his head.

I sat happily eating my fries before pulling out the burger and biting into it savouring the delicious taste. A small moan escaped my lips as I devoured the burger, Shawn sat and laughed at me enjoying my food. Once I finished I put all the rubbish into the brown bag and wiped my hands, before taking the cola from his hands and taking a few sips of it.

"Satisfied?" He asks and I nod with a happy grin making him smile and squeeze my cheeks.

"I need to start working out, I'm putting weight on" I say and he shakes his head.