Nails

The dinner went surprisingly good yesterday I was very nervous but I think I handled it ok. At breakfast my dad announced that the engagement party had been scheduled for Sunday.

Meaning it was two days away. Emily and I went to go get our nails done as Ana and Autumn were still at school.

We make a successful trip into the nail salon. I very rarely got my nails done only on very special occasions including my sixteenth birthday, eighteenth, twenty-first and when my cousin got married a year ago and made me her bridesmaid.

"What colour are you thinking to get?" Emily asks me and I tap my chin.

"Maybe baby pink because my dress is that colour" I say and she giggles.

"I still can't believe your getting engaged" she says and I shake my head.

"I'm still really scared Em" I say and she sighs.

"Don't be you'll do great and you know where to find me if you want his balls kicked" she chuckles making me laugh too. Also both the nail technicians burst into laughter.

I ended up having a deep conversation with Abby the lady who did my nails telling her how I'm getting an arranged marriage. I learnt that she had an arranged marriage too. She told me it was hard at the start but now she loves her husband and has two kids with him.

After speaking for hours my nails were finally done and I loved it so much she also did the ring finger a sparkly gold colour on both of my hands. I loved it so much now I want to get my nails done all the time.

After we got our nails done Emily dropped me off home as she headed to work. I sighed before launching onto my bed burying my head into my pillow. I really had to think this through, why are my parents rushing this? This is all happening too quick for my liking.

I have barely spoke a few words to the guy. I honestly feel like my parents are indirectly kicking me out as fast as they can. But again I should be positive, what if he's a nice guy but I'm not giving it a chance... I should be open minded I reminded my self.

My thoughts are broke as my mom rushes through the door with my dress in her hands all steamed as she hung it up. She came and sat on the edge of my bed brushing her hands through my hair.

"Are you alright honey?" My mom asks and I shake my head.

"I know it's rushed but me and your father want you to be settled for your future." She says and I nod, I understand where they are coming from and I'm not going to argue but I'm going to listen.

After silence filled the room and my mom still stroking my hair I broke the silence. "Does he know about the?" I indicate to my mom the biggest secret that has been holding me back for a long time.

"Unfortunately not" she sighs and I take a deep breath.

"Well when he finds out I hope he's understanding and doesn't kick me back here" I reply looking up into my mom's glossy eyes and I knew she was upset.

"He won't he is a very understanding gentleman I assure you" she says and I roll my eyes. I heard the front door slam and rapid footsteps indicating my siblings were home.

"Let's go down and see them" my mom says patting my shoulder. I take a deep breath before rolling out of my bed and waddling downstairs.

I'm greeted by my little brother who excitedly jumped into my arms. With a sheet of green paper in his hands, "What's that Oli?" I ask him and he grins

"It's a secret I can't show you yet" he says as he wriggle out of my grasp and rushing to his room.

I chuckle as I walk upstairs into my sister Ana's room with her on her bed and Autumn beside her
. "What's up girls?" I say laying on the edge of the bed.
"I'm sick of boys, ugh I hate them! I can't stand them" she exclaims and I burst into laughter.

"Stop laughing" she swats my arm.

"Sorry... what's wrong" I ask and she sighs deeply.

"Well Dylan hasn't texted me all day and he ignored me at school! Like for fuck sake I'm his girlfriend I need attention and I don't know why he isn't giving it to me" she exclaims making me and Autumn both burst into laughter.

"Ana, seriously give him space and no swearing" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Sorry mom" she spits and I shake my head before curling into a hug with her. As you can see Ana is the rebellious and more brave one out of us three sisters. Whereas me and Autumn are very quiet and shy. 

"Well, give Dylan space and time I'm sure he'll come around" I say and Autumn agrees with me.

"Since when did you give relationship advice?" She smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Since I watched everyone around me in relationships for years, you pick up a few things" I wink at her and she chuckles.

"Right" Autumn says and I shake my head.

"So you and Shawn" she says raising her eyebrow and pokes my side.

"What about us?" I ask

"You both look cute" she finishes

"Like you're meant to be together"Autumn adds and I can't help but blush.

"Are you blushing" Ana smirks

"No!" I protest and they both start tickling me, making me laugh and scream uncontrollably.

"You have a crush on him" Autumn says

"No I don't! I barely know him stop taunting me" I yell making them laugh as I stomped out of the room.

I walk into my room and look in the mirror as my cheeks are deep shade of red. I shake my head and tie my hair up. Maybe I should draw something? I grabbed all my supplies and sat down at my desk letting my thoughts run wild and my hands move freely creating anything without thinking.
———

Most of the night was over, we had dinner but my dad was business working till late so we had to have dinner with out him. After dinner Oliver went to bed and my mom was busy doing stuff for the engagement.

Me, Ana and Autumn were all wrapped in a fluffy blanket on the couch watching 'Pitch Perfect' together and constantly all of us starting to sing when all the songs came on. As we were in the middle of watching my mom and dad interrupted us and cleared their throats.

"Serenity, tomorrow you are going for lunch with Shawn" my dad says and my cheeks immediately heat up. I'm not denying that he wasn't attractive because believe me he is.

"At the the new French restaurant in town at 12pm" my mom says and I nod. As my parents leave the room both my sisters have evil grin on their face and I try so hard to keep my face straight.

"SERENITY'S GOT A DATE!" Ana yelled waving her hands in the air and Autumn joining her too.

"Stop both you" I say crossing my arms trying not to smile.

"Oooh you have a date" Autumn teased while poking my arm.

"It's not, it's just lunch" I reply still trying to hold my face straight.

"Sounds like a date" Ana added and I gave in a huge smile appeared on my face and I couldn't stop smiling. I know this marriage is arranged or shall I say forced but that's not stopping me from being open minded, maybe this could be great for me.

Then they both started to tickle me and I was the most ticklish person ever. Even if the wind blew too much it would tickle. My stomach hurt from laughing so much but they wouldn't stop.

When they finally stopped I was laying on the floor trying to get myself together after that laughing fit.

"I'm going to bed I'll see you both in the morning" I say while I starting walking up towards my room I change into my pjs and washed my face and brushed my teeth before curling into my blankets. A few moments of silence went by then my phone quietly buzzed.

I turned and went to side and reached for it probably Emily. But when I looked at it, it wasn't from her it was from someone I wasn't expecting...
*
Unknown-
This is Shawn. 
*
It was just him letting me know that's his number. I saved the contact name to 'Shawn'. I placed my phone back on my nightstand before curling back into my blanket and falling asleep...