Diamonds and Silk Robes

S H A W N -

After dropping Aaliyah off back to my parents I had to go in for two meetings. I sighed before throwing my files on my desk and sitting back in my chair, rubbing my temples and taking a deep breath.

There was a knock on the door and I groaned. Before I yell "Come in!". The opened revealing my new blonde-haired assistant Jessica. She was young and interning for a few months before I could fully take her on to my company.

"Sir your parcel is here" she says carrying a box in and I stand up before taking it's from her hands and placing it back on my desk.

"Can you please get me a cup of black coffee?" I ask and she nods running out. I could tell she was afraid of me, well everyone was because I'm the boss.

I took a pair of my scissors out of the desk drawer, cutting the top of the parcel open. I opened the box to see it was the presents I ordered for Serenity, I think she deserves something and I never buy her anything. I placed the box in the corner on the shelf by the window.

I sat back in my chair before the door was swung open hitting the the wall harshly with a bang, making me jump seeing Joe an employee of mine. "What the fuck! You scared me" I say putting my hand on my chest as I took deep breaths.

He was panting trying to catch his breath before he stood up. "The- umm... manufacturing department shipped out the new guitars but they.. kinda shipped to the wrong address so they have ended up somewhere" he says and my jaw drops before I stand up slamming my hand in the desk.

"Why can't anyone ever do their jobs right! We literally just had a meeting two hours ago and you all messed it up" I yell in frustration before standing up.

"Lets go down to manufacturing right now" I say storming out the office in anger. Jessica stands in the doorway petrified while holding the coffee in her hands. "put it on my desk" I snap and she scurries with it.

Joe and I both get into the elevator and go straight to the manufacturing floor. I stormed through the halls as all the other employees were frightened. Everyone was terrified when I got mad because I work so hard by myself to build this company myself with a bit of help with my dad but I worked so hard I couldn't risk loosing it or messing up. This was also financial income for my future with Serenity.

I entered the code to the manufacturing department before storming down the corridors through the black double doors and as I walked in all the manufacturing employees were sat around a table and they all jumped at the sound of the slam.

"I want answers NOW!" I yell and they all quickly stand up. They all quietly stand there while my anger boils up.

"You all better speak up now before I fire you all!" I scream and they all gulp.

"We has the delivery ready in the trucks and we have the right address I'm a hundred percent sure but the delivery hasn't arrived" Luke says and furrow my eyebrows.

"But Joe said that is been shipped to the wrong address" I says and they all nod.

"Well it's either been shipped to the wrong address or the delivery has been stolen" He says and my eyes widen.

"What truck was it and who was the driver?" I exclaim and he grabs the paper off the table.

"His name was Marcus and he took the medium white van" he says and my eyes widen.

"We don't have a driver called Marcus" I say as they all glance at each other and shrug.

"That means it was an inside job and I need to go to security to check the surveillance footage. When was the delivery taken?" I say brushing my hand through my curls.