Distancing

It's been almost three days and we haven't spoken at all, even if I try he just gets up and leaves. I guess I just have to give him some time but I couldn't wait any longer being kept in the dark.

I was currently sat at my desk work was almost finished but it was pouring in rain and it was freezing. I couldn't call a cab or walk home so I had to call Shawn. He didn't answer till the fourth ring.

"What?" He snaps in an annoyed tone.

"I was wondering if you could pick me up from work because it's raining and I can't really walk home" I say and he sighs.

"I'll be there in five" he says and I thank him before cutting off.

I grabbed my folders and headed down stairs. Once I was out I waited in front of the building, shivering as it was freezing cold. I waited for almost twenty minutes and it was pouring down in rain making me cold and wet.

I called him again but he didn't answer and then within seconds  a car pulled up but going through a rainy puddle splashing and soaking me, making me extra cold now. I walked and open the door soaked before sitting down.

I didn't have a second to buckle in before he sped off making me jerk forward. "Can you drive slowly Shawn?" I ask him and he just groans. We sat in silence but the car was freezing.

I went to turn the heating on a he grabbed my wrist stopping me, "it's cold Shawn, and I'm soaking please put it on" I say and he shakes his head. I sigh leaning my head against the window.

Once we got home I put all my wet clothes in the laundry and had a warm shower before changing into some pjs. I still haven't shown the tattoo or told him the most special three words yet because I was kind of waiting for the right time.

I laid on the couch and he was doing something in his office. I spoke to my mom for a while before watching tv then Shawn came out of his office.

"I'm going out with guys for a bit" he says and I sit up.

"Okay have fun, when you get back maybe we could order pizza" I say but he doesn't say anything he just quietly leaves and I sigh before face planting into the pillow.

I made some mac and cheese for myself and curled up on the couch watching romance films and crying because I'm an emotional wreck. I wasn't feeling very well, I felt a fever coming and my head was hurting so bad.

I laid on the couch after eating dinner as I didn't have any energy to get up or do anything. It was almost 10pm and Shawn still wasn't home.

For the past few days he has been distancing himself but I get he needs time and space which I'm willing to give him. When I closed my eyes I heard the door slam making me jump up.

Shawn kicked his boots off and came, he quietly sat on the couch. "How was it? How are the boys?" I ask and before he can answer I sneeze three times.

"Bless you, are you sick?" He says as he comes closer to me putting his hand on my forehead.

"Shit you have a fever, let me get you some painkillers" he says and he walks to the kitchen grabbing me a glass of water and some medicine.

I sit up and swallow the medicine and finishing the glass of water. "Are you okay?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I literally am so cold and I can't even move my body hurts" I say some tears slip down my cheeks and I couldn't even move my arms to wipe them.

He came and sat next to me pulling me up to lean on him. I laid on his chest inhaling his soft scent making me relaxed as he ran his fingers through my hair. "You need to cool off because you are sweating" he says taking the blanket off me.

"I'm cold Shawn" I say shivering and he sighs picking pulling me up making me wrap my arms and legs around him. He laid my in the bed pulling out his t-shirt.

"Wear this, you need to cool off the fever and you can wear shorts if you want" he says passing me his t-shirt.

I change into them before putting some shorts on too covering my thigh tattoo. I laid on the bed and he crawled in with me it was the first time after three days of him sleeping on the couch.

Right now I couldn't care because I was too sick to even think, I laid in his arms are he ran his hands up and down my back before placing a kiss on my head.

"Shawn" I whisper and he hums in response, "thank you for taking care of me" I whisper and he sighs.

"It's okay, its my job to take care of you. I promise to always take care even if we're fighting" he says and my heart melts.

"That's so cute, but I hate you fighting with me" I say and he sighs.

"Will you shhhh? or shall I go back on the couch" he threatens and I giggle quietly before curling up to his chest...