Where are you? - Chapter 3

I walked into the restaurant and looked around, scanning for George's face. Nothing. Alright, I'll find a table and wait. I sat down at an empty two-person table and put my bag next to me. A waitress brought me a menu and a bottle of water and asked if I was waiting for someone. I smiled and nodded in reply. She slightly bowed her head smiling and walked back into the kitchen. I looked around patiently and then got out my phone and scrolled through social media.

I had been waiting for an hour and sent George a total of six messaged asking where he was. I also asked Will and Alex if they knew where he was but they both told me that they didn't know where he was either. I sighed frustratedly and picked up my things to leave the restaurant. I smiled fakely at the workers and started crying once I left the building. I leant against the building's wall and let out all my feelings. Why did he stand me up? What did I do wrong? Am I not good enough or something? Whatever, I have better things to do than worry about some dumb boy. I have to sort out my university schedule.

I caught an uber back to my flat and when I got back inside, slammed the door and collapsed onto the sofa. I was mad because, to be honest, I really did like George. I did. He was kind and hilarious but he stood me up. I did consider that it was just a misunderstanding but I watched him put it on his phone so there wasn't any way he could forget. I rolled over and fell back asleep with tears of frustration in my eyes. 

I shot away to hear the sound of my phone ringing. My phone was on the floor so I picked it up and saw that there were fourteen missed messages and six missed call. Two from Will, one from Alex and the rest from George. I looked through all the missed messages, starting with Will and Alex. I opened Alex's first.

Alex: please answer george's messages, he's going mental

Then I flicked over to Will's.

Will: cass, george is going mad

Will: i know he was a proper jerk but he is seriously going insane

I just finished reading Will's message and then my screen froze temporarily and then an incoming call from George appeared. My finger hovered over the decline button but then I clicked accept. 

(this next bit is the voice conversation)

Me: h-hello?

George: oh thank god, you answered.

Me: what do you want?

George: I just wanted to apologise for standing you up. I understand that you're most likely angry but I'd appreciate it if you'd open your door. 

Me: what? 

George: come on.

I hung up the phone and got up to my door. I opened the door to see George standing with a handful of roses and a sorry smirk.

A/N: Hey so uh,, it's been a while. Sorry for not posting in forever. School has been INSANELY busy. I will hopefully be posting more often as I'm on holidays :)