Broken // Chapter 24

I stood frozen, the room spinning. I felt as if I was going to pass out.

"Cassidy. Cassidy, listen. Cassidy wait-" 

I ran out of the apartment and frantically pressed the button on the elevator. I didn't know where to go but I had to go somewhere. The doors opened and began to shut as I went inside but a figure slipped inside quickly. I prayed it wasn't George and it wasn't. It was Alex. 

"Cass.." He started, wrapping his arms around me. My chin was cold as my tears hung off my face. I hugged Alex tightly.

"Why?" I croaked, my face numb.

"What?" Alex asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Why was he going to break up with me?" Alex released from me and took my hand as the elevators doors opened. 

"Come on, let's go get some food and talk." 

We walked across the road in the cold streets to the McDonalds and sat inside. Neither of us were hungry but it was slightly warmer inside than in the streets.

"So." Said Alex, shyly.

"What did I do wrong?" I basically whispered, my voice shaking.

"You didn't do anything wrong, George just felt stuck in this relationship and didn't know how to get out of it."

"But he only just told me he loved me.." 

"Don't take this personally but as you pointed out, he was drunk." This snapped my heart in two.

"So he never loved me?"

"Of course!" Alex cringed, realising his mistake. "I'm sorry, Cass. I really am."

Alex and I spoke about things for another hour but I still felt like shit. He decided he'd take me home. The elevator was cold but I felt utterly numb. I opened the door but then turned back to embrace Alex.

"Thank you, Alex."

"No problem, Cass. Hope you feel better."

I flopped onto my bed and cried.

broken.

i'm broken.

i feel broken.

my heart, snapped.

why George?

w h y ?