Spare Keys // Chapter 23

{I literally hate time skips but i don't know how to transition it so}

{2 and a half weeks later}

It was such a good idea.

Great even.

 George would be thrilled to see me.

George and I haven't had a dinner or lunch or anything in what seemed like forever.

For me, university life/school work had kickstarted hard, Amelie had her accident and overall lots of things were happening. For George, I wasn't really sure. We hadn't spoken much recently. He'd just say that he was busy.

So, I was going to surprise him. I recently found the spare key George gave me to his apartment and decided I'd swing round to George's and surprise him. I didn't know what we'd do together but the pure bliss of seeing each other in person was enough for me.

I hope this will make up when I snapped at him a few weeks ago. And when I didn't say I love you back. I really hope it does.

I picked up my phone and slipped it into my pocket. I poked my head into Amelie's room and was greeted with her sleeping peacefully. She had recovered amazingly since her accident. In order not to wake her, I quietly locked the door and made my way down to George's floor. 

I pushed the key into George's front door's keyhole and turned. As expected, the door clicked open. I walked through the seemingly empty hallway to the living room and sat down on the couch. Where's George? Where's Alex? While waiting on the couch silently, I heard muffled speaking coming from Alex's room. It was George's voice. I sat and listened quietly.

"But we haven't even spoken in weeks!"

Huh? Maybe this was about Will? George and Will's relationship hasn't really fixed yet. 

"I don't know. I miss her but I feel trapped. I love Cassy, but I don't know, it doesn't feel like it's working out."

Oh. Oh, what? Was he going to break up with me?

I wiped multiple tears off my cheeks. The thought of us splitting up made me tear up.

"Are you going to break up with her?" Asked Alex, I assumed. Definitely Alex, I knew his voice too well.

I heard someone stand up and go towards the door. George swung open the door, still facing behind him towards Alex. 

"I don't know, mayb-"

His face dropped as he saw my teary eyes.

"Fuck."

tea :)