Melted Cheese // Chapter 21

Love.

Out of panic, I hung up the phone after quickly saying 'bye'.

He loves me.

Why would he say that?

He's drunk. 

I through my phone at the wall and put my head to the palms of my hands.

I felt the fatigue drifting around my body like a spell. 

But I need to look after Amelie.

I stood up, placing the ice-pack back into the freezer and slowly opened Amelie's bedroom door.

"A? How are you?" She grunted in reply.

"Are you hungry? There's some spaghetti in the freezer, I could heat it up for you," 

"Sure." She replied bluntly and as I was leaving, she grabbed my hand. "Who was on the phone?" 

"Just George." 

"What did he do? I was listening and heard you throw your phone. Oh my god, did he break up with you? I swear to god if he did I'll-"

"He told me he loves me."

"Oh. Did you say it back?"

"No."

"Oh."

A moment of silence.

Two moments.

Three.

"I'll go get your spaghetti now." 

One minute. I pressed the start button on the microwave and watched the container spin around and around.

What if he remembers me not saying 'I love you' back?

Beep.

The sound of the microwave beeping snapped me back into reality. I pressed the button at the bottom and the door flung open. I've always loved the smell of melted cheese on spaghetti. The cheese was perfectly melted and I stuck my finger into a small part of the cheese and ate it. 

Heavenly.

I stuck a fork into the meal and handed it to Amelie.

"Thanks, babe." She grinned, eating the meal.

I walked out of the room and collapsed into the open arms of the couch cushions. I craved the sweet release of unconsciousness. I just needed to sleep.

---

My phone buzzed in the kitchen. Siri read out the phone users name quite clearly.

George Andrews red heart emoji.

Thanks, Siri.

I picked myself up off the couch and looked how beautiful the sky was. The view from the apartment was breath-taking. The ringing of my phone made my headache go mental. I grabbed my phone off the ground with surprisingly no cracks on the screen.

I pressed answer.

{voice-call}

George: Cassy?

Cassidy: Yes?

George: Why don't you love me?

Fuck.

Cassidy: I do.

George: But when I told you I loved you, you just hung up.

Cassidy: You were drunk, George.

George: So?

Cassidy: I don't know. Alcohol messes with your brain and makes you act differently. You're extremely nice when your drunk.

George: Are you saying I'm not nice?

Cassidy: You're missing my point.

George: But do you love me?

Cassidy: Yes.

George: Then why didn't you say it last night?

Cassidy: For God's sake George! I told you I love you and gave you a reason, what else do you fucking want? 

George sniffled.

Beep.

George has left the call.

I wiped a tear from my nose.

What did I do?

i've written a small chapter for tomorrow which is good and I'm going to try and write another one for the following day as I'm bored as heck :)

Give me your thoughts, improvements, questions, anything really on my stories in the comments, much appreciated :)