Drowning // Chapter 31

*slight smut*

What do I say?

He's all I've been able to think about for the last month or so.

He's also the reason I feel like I'm being held underwater, unable to breathe.

drowning.

him.

water.

george.

"Cassidy?" He said curiously, snapping me back into reality.

"Why?" I asked impulsively.

"Things just got too busy and I felt trapped." I chuckled, crossing my arms.

"I bet you feel amazing now. The weight of this bitch off of your shoulders." 

"Cassidy, that's really not it-"

"Please! I was happy for once and you come and take that all away." I was boring into him.

"Maybe it's not all about you! Maybe I was unhappy!" My heart snaps.

"Maybe I was in love with you George. Maybe I imaged us getting married and moving in together and living a happy life doing whatever what we do." I kicked the floor, staring downwards.

"You loved me?"

Yes.

I did.

I still do.

"Yes. I still think about how much I regret not telling you I love you because I do."

Now it was George's turn to stare at the ground. We both did. 

Silence.

I've stopped liking silence.

It's too long and leaves you to think.

"Cass, I'm sorry. I-"

I pulled him into an embrace, his soft lips intertwining with mine. His hands fumbled for my hips and pulled me close, continuing to kiss me. His hands, soft and cautious, ran their way up to my hair. We continued kissing and he pushed me into the wall, cautiously, not wanting to hurt me.

God, I've missed this.