Amelie's Home // Chapter 19

**Cassidy's Point of View**

"Do you want some garlic bread?" I asked Amelie, who was lying in her bed with the door open. 

"I'm ok, Cass, really." She replied. 

She had been home for less than a day and hadn't eaten anything. 

"But you have to eat something!" I called in reply, taking a garlic bread out of the oven and putting it on a plate.

"I haven't eaten anything because I'm just not hungry." She called back, as I was bringing Amelie her own plate of bread.

"What are you doing today?" She asked, ignoring the food. 

"Looking after you! It's not every day that your best friend gets hit by a car." She raised her brow.

"That's not all you've got on. I snooped through your calendar whilst you were away and you have a lunch date with George. So, what are you going to wear?" 

"I cancelled. I have to look after you. You're more important than some silly boy." Her cheeks flushed red.

"But what if you at that 'silly boy' get married in a few years? Then will I still be as important?" She asked quite seriously.

"Of course! You will always be my number one." I replied, hugging her lightly, in hopes not to hurt her. "Now, eat up." I pushed the plate to her as she groaned.

                                        **George's Point of View**

I was sitting on the couch with Alex when I got the message. 

We were watching some movie on Netflix that Alex picked out that was kind of boring but I didn't want to tell him that.

My phone vibrated next to me, the screen lighting up. It was a message from Cass which reminded me about our lunch date in an hour that was long overdue. We hadn't had any one on one dates in a really long time. Months, I think. 

I unlocked my phone and went straight to Cassidy's message and ignored notifications from various social medias. I sighed understandingly because she had a good reason but also, we've been planning this lunch for weeks, maybe even a whole month. The message read:

Cass ❤️: hey babe, gotta cancel lunch as amelie's come home today and i'm looking after her, sorry xxx

Alex looked over to me and tilted his head and furrowed his brow. 

"What's up, mate?" He asked kindly.

"Cass cancelled," I replied bluntly.

"Aw shit man, really? Why?"

"Her flatmate Amelie came back from the hospital and she has to look after her." 

Alex sighed. 

"Do you want to go out and do something? MacDonalds on me?" Asked Alex. I shook my head as I wasn't feeling it. "There's gotta be something to make you feel better. What if we went to Cassidy's flat instead?"

"Nah mate, Cass said not to because Amelie said not to. Thanks anyway." I smiled weakly, resuming the movie.

sorry for the short chapter! some tea spilling in the next few chapters so look out for that!

also, thank you so much for 1k on this story! ❤️❤️