Flowers and Apologies - Chapter 4

I stood there, looking at George, smiling uncontrollably. George held out the flowers to me and I pushed them aside and hugged in. "Oh George," I sighed, hugging him. "You're such a twit." I released from his arms and pulled him inside. "Look, Cass, I'm so sorry." He said, following behind me. "Pass me those flowers George," I told him, ignoring his apology. He passed them over to me and I started to fill up some water in a vase. "Cass, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to miss our date," Said George, trying again to apologise. "Do you think these flowers look good here?" I asked, continuing to ignore his apology. "Cass!" George said, urgent to get my attention. "Yes?" I replied. "I'm really sorry. Like really sorry." Said George. "I know," I answered, looking at my feet. "It was an honest accident. I was filming a video with Will and Alex and I had my phone on silent so I didn't get any notifications. I am so, so sorry." I stayed silent for a second. "Ok," I replied, not looking up. 

Everything was silent. George didn't know what to say and neither did I. We both just stood there and it wasn't awkward, it was nice. George sighed and then finally said something. "Do you want to go and do something or..?" What should we do? "We could watch a movie or something," I said, smiling weakly. "We could play some video games?" Said George. "What's one of the hardest games you've played recently?" I asked, thinking about how many games I have on my steam account. "Dark Souls, Cuphead.." Said George, listing difficult games. "I have Cuphead on my computer. Do you want to give it a go?" George nodded and we made our way over to my computer and started to load it up.

For the next few hours, we spent our time just getting extremely enraged at how hard the game is. It was a lot of George getting mad and me laughing at him and vice versa. We ordered multiple bags of MacDonalds while playing. We got up to 'Sugarland Shimmy' and decided to call it a night on Cuphead. "Do you want to spend the night over at mine? I'm not sure if Will is still hanging around at ours but I'm sure you don't mind?" I nodded and smiled. "I don't mind."

It was dark and cold outside so we ran the entire way to their flat and caught our breath in the lift. We panted and laughed while walking down the corridor towards the flat. George unlocked the door and we walked inside and were welcomed by Will and a man messing around in the kitchen. "George! How are you?" Yelled the boy from the kitchen. "Stephen!" Replied George. "Great, how are you?" "I'm good thanks, who's this lovely lady?" asked Stephen. "Careful Stephen," said Will. "That's George's new girlfriend," said Will with a wink. George and I looked at each other. "Yeah," George nodded, grinning. "My girlfriend."

;)