Replacements

Lots of replacements had been made over the summer and into the beginning of the school year. Starting with Tiffany Young, the new math teacher.

Jisoo had her, along with many of her friends. The woman was young and pretty, evidently catching the eyes of the male body in the school. Maybe even a few girls.

"Woah, is this teacher new?" Yeri asked Jungkook, taking a seat beside him. He nodded distractedly, glancing at his phone.

It was a few whispers which caught his attention.

"This teacher is really pretty, I wonder if Jungkook is dating this one secretly too?"

"What the hell did you just say?" He snapped, turning around in his seat at an alarmingly fast pace. His hands were planted on the desk directly behind his, boring death summons into the boy's eyes.

Tiffany glanced up from her computer, eyebrows furrowing to see two students fighting.

Already? It was hardly three weeks into school!

"I said—"

"Gentlemen, what exactly is going on here?"

"Yeah, I'd like to know the same thing too." Yerim muttered, but awkwardly turned back to her paper after seeing the teacher had glanced in her direction.

Jungkook shot a dirty look to the boy, some unnamed student he didn't even know. Who were they to go around talking shit about him?

"Don't waste your energy on trying to fight him." Lisa mused, sitting a further row behind. Those three turned; Jungkook, Yeri, and 'rude kid'.

"Because Jungkook always wins, so really don't bother." She went further to smirk.

"And if you try again, I will not hesitate to make a living hell out of your time here."

Yes, she defended Jungkook. Many would argue that picking a fight with him was a bad idea. But it wasn't because of him.

It's just that no one wanted to get into a fight with Lisa.

🌟

Officer Nayeon. That was her name.

She was young. And also pretty, but in this area, who wasn't good looking?

She had been hesitant to take the job, the last person had been murdered. Nayeon valued her life to an extent, even though the job was rather risky.

"We're not reopening this case?" She questioned, eyebrows furrowing.

"No. It's useless. There's nothing else the cops can pull from Jennie Kim's disappearance." Chanyeol sighed, passing the folder to her.

"How long has she been gone?"

"Since May 22nd."

"Wasn't that the last day of school for them?"

"Yes." He frowned. "Why?"

"Nothing. Just wondering." Nayeon frowned next. "You don't mind if I hold onto this in my office do you?"

"No. But just know Nayeon, it's a closed case. We aren't reopening it."

"Why not Chanyeol?" She questioned, wavering slightly under his tall demeanor.

"Because she's dead. There's no other explanation."

"Do you really believe that?"

"If the evidence points to a scream, Jennie's blood found on a rock, and a strange note saying 'you know why I'm gone'? It can only point to one thing."

She was silent, before closing the folder.

"I'll be in my office."

🌟

"I love you."

Taehyung sat up with a jump, breathing heavy. His spirits fell slightly, not as much as they used to before.

Everyone knew Taehyung tried to conceal his feelings. He masked how he truly felt with a smile, he tried joking around. A lot who knew him superficially would assume he had moved on from Jennie's death, but others...

They didn't believe it. Not at all.

People were even speculating that he was ready to move on too. And find a new girlfriend.

That wasn't it at all. Why did people always assume the incorrect?

It was just that he was a Golden Boy. Everyone knew him to be heartless, and though it might've been a surprise to people that he, out of all the Golden Boys would date the Queen of Queens, they also thought it wouldn't last.

No one would've expected that the relationship was over because she was dead.

Taehyung still believed she was alive. Well, how could she just leave Sohyun like that?

No one knew about her child, except for her inner circle.

Taehyung felt the inner instinct to trust that Jennie left for a reason. She knew way more than she let on. She probably knew this would've happened.

But that night...

When they had just driven back from The Sisters of Willow Branch.

The sun was setting, the weather was nice. Taehyung could see pretty colors of blue and pink in the sky. He eyed her from the side of his peripheral vision.

She had a hint of a smile on her face, staring out at the sky. It was speckled lightly with stars, glittering in a dim way.

He smiled, easing on the gas pedal. "I'm just glad that this is done with."

"You read my mind." Jennie agreed. "But so am I."

She glanced at her phone, hearing it vibrate.

Jennie's smile faltered, before her eyebrows furrowed.

He noticed the small things, turning his head momentarily to look at her.

"Everything good?"

"Yeah, um..." She faced him, responding quickly. Faster than normal. "Everything's fine."

He should've realized that it wasn't fine. If he guessed right, that was exactly when he lost Jennie. That's when it started all over again.

a/n: it's fun to write a heartbroken taehyungie
wow im so cruel AHA😂

wowowowow queens has 51K! thank you!!