The Mole

Sticking his hands into the pockets of his ripped jeans, Jungkook's pace slowed when encountering a familiar girl talking to Irene from a few feet away. She nudged Yeri when catching sight of him, then whispered something to her and turned down the hall.

Yeri turned, and slammed her locker shut. "What is it dear cousin?"

"We need to talk." He hummed back, matching her slowed pace. She arched a brow, but shrugged.

"Go ahead."

"It's about Lisa."

"What about her?" She frowned. "Did something happen?"

"No, of course not. We're fine. But has she mentioned anything about A doing anything to her to you?"

"No. Why?" By now Yeri was well associated with 'A', it's all Jungkook and Lisa ever talked about. More of the latter, Lisa was always trying to get that bitch off her tail.

"Nothing. She just hasn't mentioned much to me." He looked away, muttering the last part more so to himself. "Just worried about her."

Yeri bit her lip. "I'm sure she'll tell you if she needs something."

"I asked her to be my girlfriend almost a year ago." Jungkook blurted. "I want to do something, but she seems so overwhelmed with everything...I wish I could do something to help her."

His cousin looked at his profile, then sighed. "A-Anything you do will be fine Jungkook. Lisa loves you."

He looked back at her, and was silent.

"I guess so." He mumbled a few moments later, then tore away from her, eyes on the ground. Yeri did the same, not sure what else to say.

It did seem like she loved him. Who was Yeri to stop her?

"I-I'm gonna' go." She stuttered, gesturing backwards. "I have some...things I need to take care of. I'll just, uh, catch you after school or whatever. Have fun planning I guess."

Jungkook didn't get to respond before Yeri turned around and briskly walked. His jaw clenched, adjusted his jacket, then continued walking down the hall.

🌟

She didn't hang out as much with Wendy as she used to after she caught the two making out in the hallway. It wasn't that she was heartbroken—Sooyoung wasn't even sure if she liked him anymore—she felt backstabbed, betrayed.

Wendy, that bitch. She supposed Seulgi had been right about the girl this whole time.

Why hadn't any of them believed her?

She shouldered her pink leather jacket, and smoothed her brown hair, stepping up to the front counter of the cafe to order her coffee. Everyone always went to Silver Moon for everything—she preferred a different place.

"Hi, welcome to Zeke's Coffee, what can I get for you today?"

She glanced up from her phone at the cashier's words, then did a double-take.

"I-I..." Sooyoung was at a loss for words, clearing her throat. "Sorry. I'll have a caramel macchiato."

"One caramel macchiato? Small, medium, or large?"

"Medium." She bit her lip, then blurted out her question. "Sorry if this sounds weird, but what's your name?"

The man laughed to himself while tapping at the cashier register.

"I'm Sungjae."

🌟

"I cancelled my plans with Jungkook today for this." Lisa grumbled, hands on the steering wheel as Jisoo buckled herself in the passenger seat. "This better be good."