Dopplegänger

Jennie left the convenience store, a bag of snacks in hand, while the other scrolled through her phone.

You okay?
- Suho

Yeah. Why?
- Jennie

Just wondering if I need to
talk to anyone for you :)
- Suho

Suho had become the brother she used to know. She hadn't even said anything, maybe it was her change in demeanor that revealed that something was wrong.

They used to be so hostile around each other. It's like that never happened.

I'm okay, don't worry.
I'll be home soon.
- Jennie

Slipping her phone back in her pocket, she turned to cross the street, when a familiar car parked along the side of the road caught her attention.

Jennie stood frozen in her tracks, jaw tight. Then swallowed harshly, before turning in that direction.

Taehyung had been watching her the entire time, he had seen her enter the store, leave, walk while texting, then glance back at him.

Her boots clicked slowly against the sidewalk, before she stopped in front of his relaxed posture leaning against the side of his car.

Taehyung stared at her for a moment with an unreadable expression, before turning, and opened the car door to take a seat. Jennie unclenched her own fists, then followed.

"How's your arm?" The brunette asked softly, after what seemed like a deathly lapse of silence. His hand rested on the steering wheel.

"You're avoiding me." Taehyung bluntly stated. "Why?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not Jennie?"

"I just can't!"

"So what can you tell me? You can't tell me why you disappeared, you can't tell me what you know about A, you can't tell me this, so what can you tell me?"

"Taehyung—"

"Stop." He cut her off. "I've been trying to be so patient for you. Why can't you tell me? What the hell does A have on you?"

"I'm not even supposed to be here right now!" Jennie yelled back. "I can't even be here with you right now, you could get hurt again!"

"Every time A threatens me, she—they always mention you in the same sentence. I might not show it, but it drives me crazy. So fucking crazy. You, Sohyun, if anything were to happen to either of you...I don't know what I would do."

She bit her lip, regretting her choice to even be here. This was so wrong, she couldn't be talking to him. Jennie was only going to hurt him more. She was hurting herself more by realizing how much she missed him, but couldn't have him.

"I have to go." She mumbled more to herself, then reached for the handle. Taehyung's hand abruptly stopped her, holding tight to her wrist.

He shared a long look at Jennie before pressing her against the side of the seat. Jennie's muffled protests were cut off by his lips.

Jackets were peeled off, Jennie hastily brought down the shade curtain on her side of the car, then eased the shirt off of her frame. She missed him, needed him.

Taehyung pushed down on the recliner, while her arms encircled around his neck, forcing his further down to her collarbones.

"I missed you," Jennie heard his whisper faintly, too caught up in her own world to respond.