Bitches and Psychos

a/n: this is a chapter that was really hard to write, please bare with my writing :(

It had all been Jennie's idea. She claimed it wasn't a big deal that the cops were looking for them, or that they were being framed for a murder they didn't commit, or that it was totally fine that they were just all locked up in this cabin that Jennie had brought them to on purpose.

"Yeah, you would know wouldn't you?" Lisa seethed. Jennie tightened her jaw.

"Not all of us have been suspected for murder multiple times."

"Lisa." Jisoo snapped. "Now's not the time for this."

"And why not Jisoo? Why do I always have to conceal when I'm angry? Because I am, I am so mad at her!"

"I am too!" Jisoo shot back. "But she was threatened Lisa, don't you get that? A threatened to hurt Sohyun, I know you're not a mom, but imagine how it must feel? She had to choose between her child and us, who are practically her sisters?"

Chaeyoung stayed silent, sitting on the far end of the cabin, by herself. Lisa would throw her fits once every few hours, and lash out. Occasionally she'd get physical, Jisoo was the only one who tried to calm her.

Jennie had her eyes glued to the wall, unmoving.

"Aren't you even going to explain yourself?" Lisa scoffed.

"I'll explain when you're ready to listen Lisa." Jennie snapped back, voice seething with a sliver of the anger bottled up in her. "Clearly you're not."

"When I'm ready to listen?" She let out a dry laugh. "Why I, I can't believe you even have the guts to say that—"

"Do you want to know what I know about A? Because it's far more than you realize."

Chaeyoung's eyes drifted to Jennie's upon those words. She should've realized that she would've held out on them this whole time. This was what they had wanted to know—or maybe what she had wanted to hear this whole time. Why had she left, where had she been.

"Where did you go?" She mumbled, the brunette turned her head.

"I don't know, to be honest. I couldn't recognize the place, but it was around the time when Lalisa got hit by a car. That's when I started getting texts from A."

Lisa's expression changed almost instantly once she heard that. Tzuyu had warned her about that, how one of them could've received texts for the rest of the group long before their torture started.

"I wasn't that surprised, really. Catching Tzuyu, Sana, and Roa...their game, it was just so patchy, so many missing holes. The fact that someone took over, and try to make it better, didn't surprise me. I sound twisted and selfish, but I think A is trying to target me. You guys don't have enemies like I do."

"How could you make an assumption like that though—"

"They asked me if I wanted some answers. I said yes, so in response, they wanted me to fake my death. So the night of our sleepover at Jisoo's barn, I mixed sleeping pills into our champagne. Once you all fell asleep, I left. There was a car waiting for me a mile or two down from Soo's place."

She knew Jennie wasn't lying. Those sleeping pills that Jisoo had found under the couch with Namjoon, those must've been hers. Her explanation lined up with the found evidence. 

"But the scream..." Lisa frowned. "What happened then?"

"Didn't want you guys to think I ran away, like I really had. It was better to think that I was actually gone."

"With the deal to get answers, I thought maybe I could settle this on my own, figure out who A was on my own and maybe...end it before she got any of you involved."

They all knew what she implied by that.

"What happened after?"

"I got a few answers, but not as many as I wanted. A, has many people working for...her. She's a girl. I'm sure it's someone we wouldn't expect, like at all. I don't know who she is. She always talked to me, through phone, but never with her actual voice. It was creepy, some days she would use your voice, it felt like I was talking to you." Jennie explained, eyes flickering away from Chaeyoung.

"All of you actually, at some point. She mimicked all of your voices, and it made me wonder what you were doing, I felt bad that maybe I ruined your summer since I was dead or whatever."

"Especially hard hearing his voice." She mumbled the last part to herself, Lisa's resolve couldn't help but crack a little.

"She said there's a new girl in town, someone I can't really trust. She told me not to trust Suho either, and that certain murdered that were left unsolved, are like that for a reason."

"Solji's?"

"That's what I was thinking. And she's not even dead, so we have to find her...she met my brother, so he must know where she is. Despite him acting like his old self, I-I can't trust it. Can't trust him, I feel like he's hiding something from me."

"Usually your instinct is right." Chaeyoung tried to assure. "You should talk to him."

"Yeah, I will."

"But the massage," Lisa trailed off. "What else did A make you do?"

"A is a complicated bitch. When she let me go, she agreed on one condition...that I would do these little tasks for her. Like giving you a massage, stealing those pills of Chaeyoung's, getting those dolls, finding Dahyun's dead body...she'd never explicitly threaten to hurt anyone I cared about, but ever since Taehyung broke his arm because of my foolish actions, because I didn't listen to her, I didn't want to test her patience anymore."

"She lives in River Birch. Or one of her homes is there, she may as well be in Waterside too, I don't know." Jennie sighed. "That hint she gave Jisoo, I don't know how it's useful, but maybe we could try looking for anything in River Birch."

"Why did we come out here Jen? It's in the middle of the night and we're locked in a cabin in the woods."

"No signal, no cops, no A. I know how to avoid her when I can, and you guys needed to hear this from me." Jennie smiled.

"Girls, we need to play our cards right from now on. I've told you all I know now, we're on the same page. The tables have to turn now, A needs to stop. Each decision you make—it's very important. A's been winning, and she currently has us all under suspect for murder. A murder which we didn't commit, but she didn't commit either."

"Wait what? A didn't kill Dahyun?"

"A wasn't at the resort, Lis. If A had been there, then she wouldn't have asked me to give you a massage." She shook her head. "No, it was definitely someone else. We find that killer, clear our name, and we'll go from there."

"Whoever that murderer was, they were an amateur. I met with A just before escaping out here. Well, more-so a phone call, but she claimed they didn't know what they were doing. They were sloppy."

"So, you and A are best friends now?" Jisoo cracked a small smile. "What about us?"

Jennie returned it with her own grin. "You know me Jisoo, I prefer bitches to psychos."

Just as she finished speaking, the door was suddenly thrown open, along with a bombardment of flashlights shoved in their face. The BIC squinted, shielding her eyes from the light.

"Goddamnit Namjoon," She aired out an irritated sigh. "we were just about to have a moment here."