My Game

a/n: edited again to make the transition smoother, sorry about that. just trying to get back into updating more frequently, so i didn't really revise things properly, it's my fault 😣

Namjoon found her and the girls in the woods that night last week. Afterwards they had had a long conversation, just her and him. He's the one who convinced her that she had to do this, for herself.

They returned back to town, not with any slight ease of course. Jennie brushed off the cops when they tried to question her about her whereabouts—she was positive that her unwillingness to comply would look bad against her—but she didn't care.

They had to find the killer and clear their name. Even if it meant ignoring the cops.

But first, she had to do something important, for herself.

"Taehyung."

Those words—his name—came out of her mouth like ice, each syllable felt like a bullet to his heart. Taehyung knew that they hadn't liked each other at all upon the first time they encountered each other, but never had she uttered his name like it was snake venom in her mouth.

He turned, met with Jennie's rigid stature. He supposed she already knew by now.

Goddamn A that bitch.

"You really had me fooled. Getting angry with me for not being honest with you when you yourself can't say that kind of shit! What kind of hypocrite are you?"

"Jennie—"

"I can't believe you cheated on me." She whispered, voice hoarse. "I trusted you, I trusted you more than I had trusted anyone in my life. You were the only one which I thought would always have my back no matter what I did, no matter what shit I got caught up in. You always asked me whether I trusted you, and I did. Did that mean nothing to you? Did you really have to go behind my back and kiss another girl since I wasn't around?"

"It's not like that Jennie, please let me explain—"

"No. I don't want to hear it. This whole time I didn't want to stay away from you but that fucking bitch A made me. Do you have any idea what's it like, to be betrayed by people you trust repeatedly? You don't even know what kind of shit i was dealing with then! Why did you do that? Why did you have to hurt me like this?"

She violently flinched her shoulder away from him when Taehyung tried to reach out to her. He himself looked like he was barely able to hold on, watching as their once blissful relationship was crumbling into pieces.

Their happiness hadn't lasted long, but the time it had, it felt like it would've never gone away. He had been so happy, she had been so happy...it was all wasted now.

"Why her of all people?" Jennie inhaled slowly. "I don't want to hear it, don't bother to explain. You and I both know that this breakup was far overdue."

The brunette turned with those final words, boots marching quickly against the concrete ground, desperate to leave as soon as she could.

Once she was closer to her house however, the tears began to fall. She felt herself hiding behind a tree, resting her head against the thick trunk, crying.

"Guys, guys...what's wrong." Lisa quickly pressed on the brakes of her car. They had just been on their way to Jennie's house to talk, get the facts straightened out again since what happened at the cabin, but this sight shocked all three.

"Is she crying?" Chaeyoung frowned from the passenger seat, craning to get a better look. "Why, what happened to her?"

"I know." Jisoo sighed under her breath. "Taehyung and her. They just broke up."

🌟

"Every time you see me, I get reminded of the old you."

"Oh please." Tzuyu spat. "You have nothing to say to me. Why are you here?"

"Just paying a girl an overdue visit." She smiled back at Tzuyu, intertwining her black gloved hands together. "How have you been? Was that a boyfriend I spy?"

"Leave him alone." She growled. "I was doing perfectly alright without you."

The woman across from her grinned more. Tzuyu was scared, scared that A was currently sitting across from her, but she wouldn't let it show. No, this bitch was trying to be her. She was the one who took her game, no one could let Tzuyu get swayed that easily.

"You made a pretty good BIC while Jennie was gone."

"I know I did." Tzuyu narrowed her eyes, then straightened her posture. "Now, I ask again, why are you here?"

"Here's your payment." Her gloved hand passed an envelope over the table, dark red lipstick forming into a smirk. "They're struggling aren't they? You made the game so easy for them."

"You're testing me. Get the hell out of my room before I call security."

"I could easily kill you Tzuyu, I wouldn't test me."

"We had a deal. If I stay quiet, you leave me alone. Aren't you breaking the rules?"

"It's my game, I call the shots." She cracked a knuckle. "Didn't you say that once?"

"Your game? Bitch, this was my game." Uncrossing her legs, Tzuyu stood up, her tall form momentarily towering over the woman across from her.

"You remember a long time ago when I was rotting in the police station? You paid me a visit. You threatened to end me, I knew that they were in for far worse when you finally got your hands over this twisted game."

"But I'll say it now bitch." She planted her hands on the table. "They're not as stupid as you think. You called me tacky? Maybe I was, but they'll figure you out one way or another. You're underestimating them, and when they find out you're behind this—I won't hesitate to hold back. I'll wait for now, until all of them have figured this out. But I'll sure as hell make sure I'm the one who ends you."

"This was and always will be my game. I have BPD bitch, don't test me."