Sneak Around

Double double, toil and trouble...
💋A

Chaeyoung glanced behind her, then knocked on the red door twice. Jisoo rocked back on her heels.

"We're really doing this?"

"Only way to find information. I have a hunch there's some clue there about where he actually is." Jennie explained. "And remember the plan. Lisa and Chaeng, distract the mom. Jisoo and I will say we need to use the restroom."

"Got it." The three chimed before the door opened. A familiar woman in similar features to Hoseok caused Jennie's heart to sink slightly at the desolate reminder of the previous soccer captain.

They hadn't realized how much of a glue he was to them all until he was gone.

"Hello..." the woman smiled politely. "How can I help you ladies?"

"Hi, I'm Chaeyoung. We're, uh...Hobi's friends." Chaeyoung glanced down, feigning some sort of sadness.

"I'm Lisa. His ex girlfriend." She was more upfront, gripping the handle of her purse. "Can we come in? We had a few questions about him."

She smiled in ease, opening the door. Jisoo mentally pat her back, smiling.

The gullible lady had fallen for the trap.

"Would you girls like anything to drink? I just made some lemonade." She smiled at Jisoo and Jennie. "Sorry, I didn't get your names?"

"Oh, I'm Jennie, she's Jisoo."

"Oh okay." She brushed back some of her light brown hair, cropped to her chin. "I don't recall Hoseok ever saying he had a girlfriend by the name of Lisa."

"Oh...it wasn't really a public relationship." Lisa explained quickly, sitting down in one of the velvety cushioned couches.

"Uh, may we know where the restroom is?" Jisoo chimed sweetly.

Hoseok's mother nodded, pointing to the corridor on the left.

"There's one upstairs and one down the hall right there, to your left."

"Thank you so much." Jennie and Jisoo responded in unison, before pulling away from the other two.

"I don't know how long we can be out until she starts questioning us." Jisoo muttered.

"It won't take too long, I hope. I'll go upstairs and check."

"Fine by me. I'll meet you in a bit, so she doesn't expect."

"Well, try not to get caught."

"I won't. I know my way around here."

Jennie paused, turning. "You do?"

"Yeah..." Jisoo shrugged nervously. "Hobi and I used to have a one-off kind of thing a while ago."

"And I'm just hearing about this now?" Jennie sighed, not irritated, but rather incredulous. "Whatever. We'll finish this talk later, we got shit to find."

🌟

Finding Hoseok's room hadn't been hard, the door had been wide open with a giant 'H' on it.

He had quite the boyish room, what surprised Jennie was that the room looked completely untouched.

He had dark blue comforters, and a beautiful trophy case on display. Many were soccer trophies, and besides them were pictures of Hoseok throughout the years.

There was sixth grade; baseball champ. He had braces back then, blue and matched his bright blue shirt that flaunted the Doosan Bears.

Seventh and eighth grade; basketball. He had longer brown hair, a headband pulling back the hair. He wore the basketball tank, the beginnings of his toned biceps starting to show.

Ninth grade; ice hockey. His hair was peachy color, and probably the only thing consist throughout the years was his smile. He still had the same dimples which poked his cheeks.

It was his sophomore picture which made Jennie smile.

It was the seven of the Golden Boys. There was no denying that Hobi was their star player, the all-star of the team. They all crowded around each other in the picture, wearing their blue and gold soccer uniforms.

They looked sweaty, but so overjoyed. Yoongi had Hoseok balanced on his shoulder, all seven wearing mirrored grins as Hobi flashed the large golden trophy in the air.

Shit. Jennie was supposed to be looking for anything suspicious this whole time. How much time had she even wasted getting distracted?

Jennie glanced at the open door, then swiftly moved to the other side of the room, searching through his desk.

"You won't find anything." The chilling voice sent a shudder through Jennie, she paused in her doing.

Turning, she was met with an unfamiliar woman, short and old. She frowned deeply.

"You won't find anything suspicious. They took everything in here that might give off where Hoseok is."

"What?"

"I'm Hobi's grandmother." She muttered, pulling something from her pocket. It was a brochure.

She shoved it in Jennie's hand.

"I know Lisa isn't Hoseok's girlfriend. He told me everything. He told me how much he loved Yoongi from the beginning, how it made him feel weird how he didn't like girls, he liked boys."

"I was never against my grandson being gay. I know Yoongi, he's such a sweet boy towards my Hobi." She clenched her jaw.

"I can never forgive my daughter and my son in-law for doing that to him. But I cannot say anything to them, I have no protection in this house by myself. Hoseok is not here to help me, I cannot say anything against them."

She nodded her head at the brochure. "That is where he is. Find him. Save him. But don't bring him here. They will kill him."

"What? K-Kill?"

"I don't know what his father is capable of. And I've only seen a little bit. He's a scary man Jennifer. You must be careful Hoseok doesn't come back here. He will want to, for me. You have to convince him to stay away."

His grandmother glanced at the door worriedly.

"Let's get you downstairs. I don't want his mother suspecting you of anything."

Jennie was left speechless for the rest of way down. Glancing at the brochure for the first time, she gasped.

He was at The Sisters of Willow Branch.