You Used Me

a/n: 10 more chapters :")

"Where's Chaeyoung?" Lisa questioned, taking a seat next to Jennie, across from Jisoo.

"At home." Jisoo stated. "Jimin broke up with her."

"Huh?"

"Chaeyoung's been doing things he didn't like," Jennie chimed in. "taking pills which aren't good for her. I'm with him on this one, he was just trying to look out for her."

"If Chaeyoung were here," Lisa sighed. "she would slap you."

"Let's be honest Lisa, when does she not want to slap me?"

"Okay, we are not going to start another fight right now." Jisoo interjected. "We met up to get our facts cleared up. Things are finally getting somewhere ever since you told us what you know, Jennie. I can sense we're getting closer."

"Well." The blonde sighed. "A is a girl. We know A bought those dolls from a doll shop in River Birch under the name of Min Aeja. But Aeja is dead, and we know A would never give their actual name. It's easy to give a fake one."

"Maybe Aeja was close with A." Jennie suggested. "Why would she just give that name?"

"Or just trying to provoke us like normal." Jisoo muttered. Jennie shook her head. "No, A told me that there was only one murder we'd have to worry about. And it had to have been Solji's because that girl is still alive. Aeja was killed by Tzuyu, we can ask her again for proof. Yeah, I think Aeja was close with A."

"You sure?" Jisoo frowned. "One wrong move here, and we could be on a completely different path."

"Jisoo, trust me on this."

"Well, we also know that A owns a home in River Birch. But they could also reside here in Waterside, which would make sense since they're always able to keep tabs on us. It could even be someone who...I don't know, works in this diner." Lisa shrugged. "At this point, it could be anyone."

"We know A is trying to target Jennie too." Jisoo pointed out. "Damn, why do you have so many enemies?"

"Can't help that everyone hates this irresistible face." Jennie grinned wryly, though there was no humor in her eyes. The joke fell flat on the table, it would take someone completely blind to miss out on her evident change of mood.

"Then there's the fact that A tried to pin Dahyun's murder on us." Lisa quickly chimed in, smiling nervously. "You know, I really think that everything is connected."

"How so?"

"Dahyun knew why your parents came back. She died. Dahyun also knew that Solji was alive, possibly threatened Suho with it. Solji was seen alive at her supposed murder with Suho, when our A chick was first introduced, with that other girl in the red dress. It's all connected."

"Yeah, barely." Jisoo huffed. "Lisa, that's hardly anything."

"She's got a point though." Jennie sighed. "Still connected to me. The red dress girl was supposed to be me, Yezi thought that was me..."

She frowned. "That was supposed to be me in the woods."

"Yes." Lisa arched an eyebrow. "You're just realizing this?"

"No, no. A came to woods and pushed another girl out there just when Solji got out of the way. That would've been me."

Jisoo gasped. "Wait, you're saying A would've potentially saved your life?"

The brunette nodded. "I-I guess? Shit, this just gets more and more confusing. I need air, anyone wanna' go for a walk?"

Both the girls nodded, getting up with her. Jennie was peacefully on her way out of the diner when she stopped. Her feet halted to their rooted position, then swallowed.