Princess

"Woah, all this happened and you didn't even bother with like a text message or even a phone call?" Yeri glared at her cousin. "I thought we were friends to an extent."

"Okay, last year was so chaotic. I didn't even know who to turn to without being threatened. I didn't really want to get you involved since you're family and all."

"It's sweet you care." She mused sourly. "But I can handle a little danger."

"Lisa got hit by a car. Three people got murdered. I don't know—actually, I'm glad I didn't get you involved."

"It would've been nice to get in some ass-kicking. I've been missing some action. All girls school has been anything but entertaining. All they do is secretly sneak out at night and go bang some boy from the neighboring school. It's kind of disgusting."

He laughed at that, stretching out his legs. They were in Yeri's house, where her mother had just left the TV on for them, along with a box of pizza.

"Ouch, though, I remember Jennie. She really died? And the cops didn't even bother to look further into the murder? And her parents haven't done anything about it? If I was dead, I'd be pretty pissed."

"Jennie didn't really have the best family to begin with." He chimed. "Her brother is a whole bitch, and her parents aren't really around, like ever. At least ours drop in once in a while."

"And Taehyung liked this girl?" Yeri snorted. "I could never see that guy actually liking a girl."

"Oh you'd be surprised Yeri. When Taehyung's around Jennie, it was like a complete different side. Same for her. I never thought two closed off people like themselves would ever open up to each other. They argued 90% of the time they were around one another."

"It seems like a 'playing hard to get' game. Whatever though, because tell your girlfriend I pass a warning. There's this new girl; Wendy. If she's what I think of her, and most of the time I'm right..." She smirked.

"Wendy may pose as a threat to Jennie."

"Not Jennie." Jungkook muttered. "Even if Jen is alive, Jennie would never let someone like Wendy get to her."

He continued. "Wendy seems like the type to clash with Chaeyoung."

"Chaeyoung? But that girl is so nice! She couldn't possibly..."

"You'd be surprised Yer." He chuckled. "Each one of them, they aren't friends with Jennie for no reason."

🌟

"Hey Princess, I was wondering, would you prefer donuts or ice cream?" Taehyung held the two food choices in his hands, showing them to Sohyun.

The little girl beamed. "Ice cream!"

"Well then, I'll take these donuts." Jungkook grinned, snatched the bag from Taehyung, eagerly preying over it like a vulture.

Lisa shot Jungkook a weirded out look while he was busy checking for the type of donuts, turning her attention back to Sohyun.

The light girl was eagerly licking away at her vanilla ice cream, the small cone tucked into one hand of hers, while the other arm held onto Taehyung's shoulder.

Lisa found his fondness for the child understandable and adorable. In a situation like this...he seemed like her actual father.

He lifted Sohyun up, sighing at Jungkook.

"You're so weird."

"Is this one glaze? Or is something else? I swear glaze is a little different in color compared to this one."

Lisa smacked the back of her boyfriend's head. "Either you shut up and eat the damn donut, or you shut up and leave it here for some of the staff to eat."

"You two are always mean to me."

"If you want to believe that sure." Taehyung turned to Sohyun. "Is Jungkook-ah weird to you?"

"Teeth," She cooed. "Teeth funny."

Lisa snorted loudly, turning away to control her laughter. Jungkook's jaw dropped indignantly, turning to Lisa.

"Yah! Don't laugh at me!"

"Oh hush. She's literally the cutest thing ever. Aren't you Sohyun?" She cooed to the little girl, her finger brushing against Sohyun's wispy brown hair.

Taehyung smiled at the incoherent babbling noises the child gave back in return.

Jungkook soon joined in next to Lisa, pinching the girl's cheek gently.

"I have to...go." She whispered to Taehyung. He chuckled.

"You mean the bathroom?"

Sohyun nodded eagerly.

"I'll be right back."

Lisa and Jungkook watched him leave, before Lisa inhaled sharply.

"God, she looks so much like Jennie." She wriggled her hands. "I-It's hard just to keep smiling for her."

"Jen would've wanted this. Seeing you—us, spending time with her. You're doing the right thing."

"I'm supposed to be here with Jennie! Jennie is supposed to be bringing me here! I can't do this—I can't let go of the fact that she's my best friend and she's goddamn dead! You know how hard it is?"

"Yes I do!" He shot back. "You know how many days I wonder where the hell Hoseok is? How he just left with no answers? Now, he isn't dead, but it sure damn feels like he is, not knowing whether one of my best friends will ever come back to me is killing me Lisa. You're not the only feeling like this."

Her breathing was unsteady, she ran a distressed hand through her hand.

"I-I need air..." And like that, she bolted out of the room.

"Lisa!"

Jennie's disappearance was the sole reason Lisa had sudden panic attacks. The overwhelming stress was something she couldn't cope with well, and the sudden "death" of someone so close to her had been the limit.

Sure the car could have been a factor as well, but Lisa knew damn well that her car accident and Jennie's death were connected.

She choked out a sob, grabbing for some toilet paper. She was alone in the bathroom, thought being alone never really helped her case but...

Didn't they all love to torture themselves anyways?

"It's okay." Jungkook whispered when he found her again, staring at her reflection through the mirror of the sink. She didn't resist this time, allowing him to hug her.

"It's hard."

"I know. Trust me, baby, I know."