Holding Hands

a/n: istg this chapter made me cringe so hard im so sorry😂

She walked down the hallways, freely meandering through their free period. She knew Jisoo was at their math teacher's classroom currently for a coaching class, while Chaeyoung was at a student body meeting.

Lisa was probably with Jungkook, they had the tendency to get public.

Jennie sighed, fiddling with golden chain on her neck, then her hands smoothed down her skirt.

Ever since Suho confronted her, things had changed. It felt pretty nice, Jennie had been shocked that he had even worried about her disappearance. He made an effort to drop by the house more often, Jennie was always alone there with the exception of her friends, Taehyung, and the little staff that presided there.

Ever since she found him at the diner, Jennie failed to just properly speak with him. Not that she was avoiding him, it was just with her busy schedule she just never found time to just breathe.

Jennie turned at the sound of someone clearing their throat, an involuntary smile spreading.

"I was just thinking about you."

Taehyung blinked, before giving her a lopsided smile. "Of course you were."

Jennie opened her mouth to shoot back a retort, when he interrupted her.

"There's something on your shoes."

She turned to look down, instantly seeing there was nothing, but before her mind could even process to say anything to him, Taehyung's soft lips fell overtop of hers. He had tricked her!

"I swear Taehyung," Jennie mumbled, pulling away. "I don't know what I'm going to do with you."

"You don't have to do anything." He tugged on her hand, pulling her along with him down the hallway. "Are you free tonight?"

"Actually, yes." She intertwined her fingers into his. "Why?"

"Jennie, do you really need to ask why? You still ask stupid questions."

"Yah!" She smacked his shoulder, letting go of his hand instantly. Jennie noticed that cheeky smirk on his face, but chose to ignore it, marching ahead of him.

Taehyung laughed, before picking up his pace, snaking an arm around her waist.

"I was thinking maybe you and I go watch a movie, and then eat out?"

"Or maybe I could catch a ride with you after school, and we just hang out at your house?" She flashed him a wide smile. "When I watch a movie I can't really look at you."

"Whatever you want Princess."

She felt a strange feeling fluttery feeling in her heart after hearing his term of endearment. It had been the first time in a while, though Jennie never paid much attention to the nickname before she had left, now it was enough to stun her to silence.

Jennie wasn't sure why she felt like this all of a sudden.

"I like it when you call me that. I don't think I've told you."

"I remember the times you used to hate that name."

"That's true." She chuckled. "But I'd say my feelings towards you back then have changed now." She brushed back some of his already neatly combed hair.

Smiling again for what felt like the nth time, Jennie wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him gently.

The feeling was blissful for her, not worrying about anything. She didn't worry about possible threats which were just lurking in the dark. She didn't notice the monsters in the closet while she was with him.

It became open-mouthed. Jennie understood now why Lisa didn't care much whether she was in public with Jungkook, or whether they were alone. But, just in Jennie's better sense, before she possibly lost any self restraint, she pulled away.

"Locker room?" She whispered. He smirked with a quick nod.

a/n: just clarification,, they didn't do 'that'

they actually haven't even done it, that's important to know for the future :)