004. Don't Worry

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI ENTERED THE Old Style cafe (the place where Taury worked) and walked over to the counter. Her best friend stood there with a letter in her hand. Taury's eyes widened at what she was reading before looking up to the customers waiting to be served.

She shakily refilled a man's coffee cup, overflowing it slightly. He started complaining to her but Taury didn't listen, this made Gemini realise something was definitely wrong.

She tapped her friend on the shoulder bringing her out of her thoughts so she could look at her. Tears filled in Taury's eyes and Gemini immediately pulled her into the back of the cafe and outside to the smoking area.

Surprisingly, no-one was back there as Taury started to cry. A gut wrenching sob left her mouth causing Gemini's heart to shatter for the girl as she pulled her into a hug allowing Taury to soak her shirt with her tears.

Taury pulled away as Gemini wiped her cheeks. Taury sunk down the wall they were next to, Gemini following.

"What was that letter you were reading?" She signed as Taury tried wiping away the tears that continued to fall. She sighed pulling out the letter sent to her by the U.S military.

Gemini read it quickly.

'Miss Easton,

We regret to inform you that your brother, Sergeant Theo Easton, went missing in action three days ago.

We have no information telling us of his whereabouts all we know is that he is in the enemy lines.

We are sorry we are not able to give you more information at the point in time but we will send a letter if and when we can enclosing his whereabouts.

We are sorry about your brother,

U.S military.'

Gemini could feel her heart stop reading the letter about Theo. Her hand covered her mouth in shock. A few tears ran down her face as she held the letter.

Theo Easton was one of Gemini's best friends and Taury's older brother who joined the army two years ago. The one thing that worried both Gemini and Taury about Theo leaving was that he wouldn't come back.

Gemini shook her head in disbelief, 'This can't be real, he was fine when we spoke to him before we came home. How could this happen?' She asked herself, she couldn't believe that her good friend was missing or maybe even dead.

"Gem?" Taury tapped her bringing her out of her thoughts.

Gemini hugged Taury again as they both cried, "What if they never find him? What if he's dead and he doesn't come back? He's all I have left." Taury worried sobbing into Gemini's shoulder.