044. Family Surprise

-----♕-----

----------

IT WAS GETTING closer to Christmas and most people in the Compound were feeling very festive. Tony had decked out the entire land with decorations for the fun of it. Gemini had finally recovered her fever, springing back to life suddenly one morning.

After stealing one of Bucky's t-shirts that late morning, she walked into the kitchen wearing it with a pair of jeans. Clint was sat in there with his family, feeding his youngest. Gemini picked up one of Bucky's plums, taking a bite of it.

"Ah, good to know you're feeling better, Gemini. Now..." Clint spoke with a sleuth like voice.

Rolling her eyes, she shook her head at the older man. "Laura, you're husband's harassing me about this."

"You're one of the only ones that eat Mexican food in this Compound." Clint defended himself.

"Bullshit, I've seen everyone eat Mexican food." Gemini argued. "I didn't touch your fucking fajitas, Clint! Jesus."

"Well then who did?" Clint asked her. Looking at her. Gemini however, caught Pietro in the corner of her, with the container in his hands.

"Ask Pietro." She immediately snitched on him, turning Clint's attention to his honorary son.

"Pietro Maximoff. Stop right there and tell me why you stole my goddamn fajitas!" Clint shouted, only for Pietro to drop the box on the floor and run out the room. "Pietro!" Clint chased after him.

Bucky walked in from the same direction, confusion written over his face. "What did I just see?" He pointed behind him. Gemini shrugged. "Fajita incident?" She nodded. "Okay then."

Kissing her cheek, Bucky passed her to go to the fridge. Gemini sat herself on the couch. Laura smirked watching the slight affection shown.

Bucky turned to the fruit bowl before looking up to his girlfriend. "Gem, did you eat one of my plums?" He asked her.

Looking up to him. "Why?"

"There were five of them and now there's four." He explained.

She nodded, holding the plum in her hand. "Yeah, it was me." He smirked. grabbing one for himself and joining her, kissing her head.

"Okay." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Good to know you have your appetite back." She nodded her head, resting her head on his shoulder. "Is that my shirt?" She nodded to him. He didn't reply he just looked at her, up and down. He liked seeing her in his clothes, they looked like short dresses and suited her more than him. At least he thought she did.

Asking for the remote, Gemini began flicking through Tony's Amazon account before clicking on a well reviewed show.

Tony soon entered the room, looking up to the TV screen before shifting his eyes to the couple. "What you up to, Gem?"