041. Game Night

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

THE FIRST DAY in California was surprisingly quite calm for the Avengers. Or at least for most of the day. It was as the evening reached that the insanity dawned upon the group of people. 

Gemini was lying on Bucky, playing with his hands and fingers, absentmindedly. Bucky was merely watching her amused. He'd become accustomed to Gemini grabbing his hand and fidgeting with it by now, so he just watched quietly. 

The pair were in that much of a world of their own they didn't realise that the others had joined them in the living room. That was until Becky jumped on Gemini and hugged her. 

Groaning at the little girl being soaked from the sea, Gemini looked to her with a playful glare. "Thanks for that Becks." She replied sarcastically.

"You're very welcome Auntie Gem." She laughed at her before climbing off. "What are you two doing?"

"Just lying here, to be honest." Bucky answered her, playing with Gemini's curls. "What time is it, kiddo?"

Becky looked up to the clock on the wall before replying with five. "Dad's gonna be back soon and he's soaked too."

"How many went swimming?" Gemini asked the little girl as she watched her count on her fingers and list of the names. 

"I think the only one's that didn't were you two, Auntie Taury, Uncle Theo, Mr Rogers and Sam." Becky shrugged. "You missed Natasha pushing Tony in the sea. Dad recorded it for you though." Gemini chuckled at the little girl's honesty. "He also wanted to annoy Tony."

"What else happened?" Bucky asked her curiously. This led to Becky explaining everything that happened at the beach.

The large group from the beach walked, the smell of salt water filling Gemini's nose as her eyes landed on Tony. He had a look of annoyance on his face as he glared at Nat. His hair was wet as were his clothes. 

It didn't take long for his mood to change though when he noticed Gemini lying on the couch. She moved as quick as possible, jumping up from the couch as he made his way towards him.

"Don't you even think about it Anthony." She warned him, backing away towards her room.

"Come on Gemini, give me a hug." He joked with her.

She shook her head, pointing to her shirt. "I've already been hugged by Becky." He continued to follow her. "Screw that." She ran off to her room, the sound of Tony's laughter behind her.

She walked back out later, wearing one of Bucky's shirts. He cocked an eyebrow at her when she sat beside him.

"Am I gonna get that back?" He asked, trying not to draw attention to them.

Gemini shrugged. "Probably not."

He smirked, kissing her head. "I didn't think so." She smirked playing with the long sleeves of his flannel. He chuckled. "This is why you're adorable." She wobbled her head in a joking dance making him smile.