024. The D.R

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

"WE'RE GOING WHERE?" Pietro asked confused as Tony revealed where they would be staying for the next few days. "What exactly is the D.R?" You could hear the silent judgement by that question. Wanda smacked her hand against her forehead.

"I just want everyone to point out that he's the older twin and has the brains of a stick of celery." She sighed exasperatedly.

Gemini elbowed the wall, bringing the attention to her. "Pietro, the D.R means the Dominican Republic." She had just realised what he meant and became very giddy, very quickly. "Hang on. Tony." He smiled at her.

"Surprise." He said with small jazz hands. This made her lose it. She began jumping with joy and quickly hugged the man, thanking him relentlessly. "I knew you'd enjoy the new culture. The new language. Best pull out the Spanish sign language, huh?" She scoffed but the smile didn't leave her face.

"Whoa, hang on. Go back...You can sign in a different language?" Sam asked. Gemini nodded. Sam seemed completely baffled by this. "How the hell can she sign in two languages and most of us can barely speak English?" He asked the whole group earning a laugh from Taury.

"She can sign in over six languages." Taury pointed out and Gemini clicked her fingers.

"What?!" Sam yelled, in confusion and shock. "How many exactly do you know?" He asked her.

Gemini began counting on her fingers. By the time it got over five she shrugged. "Over five. Less than fifty." Sam narrowed his eyes at her.

"That's not specific." He pointed out. She shrugged before walking away, waving goodbye. "Hey, wait, come back!" He yelled to her but she continued walking.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sighed in relief when she felt her feet hit hard, stable floor. She turned to Taury who smiled at the girl's enthusiasm towards the new culture. 

"For Armino." Tauro whispered. Gemini nodded as she admired the port. 

"For Dad." She turned to the group. 

Tony saw the happiness in his young friend's eyes, giving him a warm sense of joy in him. "So, does anybody want to go visit anywhere in particular?" Gemini was about to raise her hand. "Beside Gem." Taury and her laughed at his quick addition. Nobody spoke up. "Okay...Gem." 

Her smile brightened. "Puerto Plata." Tony glanced at her for a moment, not being able to understand the new place. Taury laughed at his reaction.

"Puerto Plata." She translated. He nodded allowing Gemini to go first, more than likely knowing the way.

Gemini's camera dangled loosely from her neck as she walked arm in arm with Taury. The others watched with smiles at Gemini's excitement, many not understanding the full reason behind it. 

Upon reaching Puerto Plata, Gemini quickly grabbed the camera that hung from her neck and began snapping as many picture of the coast line as possible. Many of the group looked around in awe at the beautiful surroundings. Pietro and Theo were the first two to run into the ocean, Pietro obviously being faster. 

Gemini laughed at the childish behaviour as the Barton children joined them in the sea. She placed herself in the shade and began to scout the area for good photo opportunities. 

Bucky sat beside her. She looked over to him and tapped his arm, bringing him out of thought. "Not joining in the fun?" She asked, pointing to the group messing around by the water. 

Bucky shook his head, holding up his metal. "Don't want this getting wet." He replied. She nodded, smirking at him. "Let me guess, photo opportunity?" He assumed. She smirked nodding. 

"Proves where I've gone, where I still need to go." Bucky nodded understandingly. "It might sound dumb, but...I'm trying to make an Adventure Book, like the one from the movie Up. Places I've gone to, places I still need to go. My dad and me had a plan to do one together before...Well, you know."

Bucky shook his head again. "It doesn't sound dumb. I mean, I don't know what Up is beside that it's one of many Disney Pixar movies." She smiled at him, nodding.

"You're learning. Better than Steve at least." Bucky chuckled slightly at this.

"It isn't stupid though. It holds a special value to you. It's something you wanted to do with your dad. I think it's cool, creative. Something not many would come up with in my opinion." He pointed out. She smiled at his response.

"You know, you're good with advice." She pointed out. He smirked slightly.

"Being observant has it's perks." She laughed slightly as they carried on talking.

Joe turned to see the action between the two. It caused him to smile at how happy Gemini was talking to the man. He knew that the woman hadn't laughed or smiled like that in a long. He could feel her joy radiating off her, both due to the humor they both shared between each other and the obvious fact they were in a foreign country. 

Joe was glad to see his friend smile like that once again.

Nate knocked him slightly, pulling him from thought. "You good man?" He asked. Joe motioned to the pair. Nate smirked, trying to hide his protective side from appearing. "It's nice seeing her happy. I just don't want another thing to happen like last time."

Joe nodded. "Tell me about it. I don't think the five of us together could deal with that again." He reminisced, a pained look on his face. "Let's hope she's stays this kind of happy."

"Yeah, we can hope." Nate replied before walking away from Joe, returning to chasing Cooper and Lila around, Dixon following suit. 

|/\|/\|/\|

"I can't believe that we saw most of the D.R in a day due to Gemini knowing the right places to go." Bruce spoke up as they boarded the ship once again. 

Gemini smiled at this before shrugging. "I know the places that are important." Nate patted his sister's shoulder softly as he passed her.

"That you do." Dixon joined Gemini's side, tilting his head up to her. She smiled to the dog, crouching to give him some affection. She glanced down to her watch before standing. She began to walk away, trying to go unnoticed. "Night Gem." Nate called from where he had sat himself bringing the attention to her. She held one finger up to him. He scoffed slightly. "That's not a nice gesture little sister." 

Many looked confused as how he knew what she was doing. "We were raised together. We read each other like books." Antoinette spoke up from the corner she leaned against. She soon joined her sister's side before pulling her into a hug. "Night Gem." 

Gemini waved to everyone in the room before walking away back to her temporary room.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sat on her bed, legs crossed, notebook in lap. She twirled the pen between her fingers as she wrote down every moment of the day she had had. Like a journal entry, but slightly different. The multicolored clicking in her fingers.

She sighed, glancing over to her left to see Dixon, laying on the bed, watching her curiously. She smiled at the dog before closing the notebook and placing it on the bedside table. She stroked his fur before placing a small kiss on the top of his head. 

She lay herself down before turning on her side, Dixon moving up into her sightline making her laugh slightly.

Goodnight Dixon

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

The next chapter will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx