037. Halloween

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI WAS NEVER a huge fan of Halloween. In fact it was probably one of the only holidays (as an adult) she had grown to hate as time passed. Sure the Tony Stark Halloween parties were something to remember, depending on how many drinks had been consumed, but that was normally it.

Pulling on a very baggy flannel shirt that reached her mid-thigh, she left her hair in its most messy state possible, having just gotten out the shower. She wrapped her headphones around her neck and grabbed her notebook before leaving her room with Dixon. Surprisingly it was early in for her.

Seating herself on a barstool at the counter, she began doodling in the corner of her book. She was very quiet, trying not to wake anyone in the Compound. She really did love the silence. She pulled out her phone to check her schedule. She was working in Braddock's but luckily wasn't working in The Raven. She hated working Halloween in The Raven, mainly because Nate forced her to wear a costume every year. 

She sighed continuing her drawing. With her left hand she played with her necklace. Finishing the doodle she made, she closed the notebook. She wasn't overly hungry but she still mustered up the appetite to grab one of Bucky's plums. The only light was the rising sun through the windows of the kitchen.

Gemini decided to take walk around the Compound, she realised that she hadn't really had the chance to adventure the grounds fully, she had spent most of her time in the living room, kitchen or training room.

She smiled at the child drawings on the wall by the hands of the Barton kids. She was surprised that Tony had not yet decorated for Halloween in all honesty.

She began to make her way back to the kitchen but stopped when she heard something, or rather someone panting. She stopped at the door just as she heard a scream followed by a crack. She recognised the scream to be Bucky's. Opening the door, she spotted the man on the floor, clutching his bleeding hand. 

She crouched in front of him and grabbed his hand. He looked up to her with tears in eyes. She knew that he'd stopped getting flashes of his memories for a while and it had hit him quite hard, she hadn't realised how much though. "Oh, Buck."

He let out a short sob. "I'm sorry." He cried. Gemini pulled him into her body as he cried. She could never understand how difficult it was for him to try and recover decades of memories that HYDRA had taken from him. She never wanted to imagine what it would be like if it ever happened to her.

She kissed his head, holding him on the floor, his hand still bleeding onto the floor. She pulled away, holding his hand up. "Come on." She helped him up. "No-one's awake yet."

"What time is it?" He asked her as they reached the kitchen. She pointed to the clock that read eight-thirty. "Fuck, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I've been up for three hours, couldn't sleep." She brushed it off. She grabbed a first aid kit form the shelf. Luckily, not everyone who lived there had metal suits or super human healing techniques and actually bled. She began to clean his wound. "What did you punch?" She asked him, pulling bits of plastering from his cut.