019. Crazy Karaoke

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI WAS CRINGING at the man who was on the karaoke. He was one of the regulars they had and he was, much to Gemini's annoyance, butchering a classic song by The Backstreet Boys. Joe noticed the woman's discomfort at tried to offer some type of support.

"He is butchering the almighty song that is I Want It That Way." She explained to him. "He may be a regular but my God he's a fucking disgrace for that." She began to rant. "I am...disgusted." Joe smiled at the reference to Desperate Housewives. "That is a classic song, how dare he."

Joe smiled, kissing her head. "Breath child, think of the happy place." He jokingly soothed her. "Think of all the Queen songs." Gemini looked at him.

"Boy don't shit with me. Freddie Mercury will forever be a national treasure. The original queen." Joe smiled at the young woman's love of music from all eras. She really didn't care what type of music it was, she enjoyed all of it. She had old cassette tapes along with CDs and MP3s filled with music from different decades. Hell, Gemini had records and a record player growing up. She still even had them now.

Gemini's love of music started because of her grandparents buying her a cassette when she was younger, with childhood songs. Not to mention her grandfather would always sing to the three Braddock children when they both visited. She continued to love it even after his passing, in a sense of memory.

Soon, another man was up. He also made Gemini want to rip out her bushy locks. He was slaughtering *NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye. By now Gemini was internally screaming. Nate chuckled at his sister's distressed reaction to the horrible singing. This was the only part of karaoke night he knew that Gemini hated, when people murdered the classic songs she loved so much.

He joined his sister's side and brought her into a one armed hug. "Breath Gemini, find your happy place." Gemini laughed.

"You've literally just repeated what Joe just told me to do." She pointed out.

"See, and people think we're not close friends. We know exactly what to say to you to try and calm you down." Gemini nodded. "It'll be over soon, or Taury'll take over with some ABBA songs."

"I'd rather that than listen to somebody brutally murder Whitney Houston next." She explained. "I swear if anyone does, they better do it correctly or I will throw something at them from behind the bar." Nate laughed nervously, afraid for the person that may sing that song.

He walked away from his sister before looking up to the ceiling. "Please make sure nobody sings that song."

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sighed in relief as Taury took over the microphone. She had felt like she had been tortured listening to the singing of some of the people. She may have loved karaoke night but it irritated her when people tried and failed to sing songs that were considered classics.