11

(A lot of talking near end of chapter)
Simon's POV
     I had finished all the videos that i needed for the next couple days, so I was laying down not sure what to do. Silently, i got out of bed and walked around the rather empty house. Josh and Vikk were out for a business meeting and JJ was training as usual. Artzy was the only one home today so i figured why not try and be nice to her. Even though her room was right next to mine it took me longer than expected to get there. I was not sure how to act. Was I going to act like the fake rude person I was supposed to be, or act nice like I wished? I sighed and knocked on the door lightly. No response. Opening the door I half expected Artzy to be asleep but to my surprise she was awake. The lights were all off and I guess she wanted it that way. Silently I slipped into the room somehow unnoticed by Artzy. She was to busy staring at the ceiling I guess, zoned out. I sat on the bean bag chair not to far from the bed and tried getting her attention, when another thought popped into my head.

~~Flashback~~
     "Simonnnnnn. You know I hate it when you make the room to dark!" Artzy protested trying to find her way around the room. 

     "Oh come on baby, I'm right here remember." 

     "But I can't see you!" She said still aimlessly waving her arms about. 

     I walked over to the light switch and flicked the lights on. "Fine, you win." 

    "If you wanna wake me up just turn on the lights not so gently." She giggled.

~~Flashback Over~~
     I shook my head and tried to rid my head of all past thoughts. JJ told me to forget about it so why can't I. Why cant these old thoughts go away, it's never going to be like that again. Regardless I walked over to the lights and turned them on hoping I would get a reaction from her. 

     "Turn off the lights JJ." Artzy mumbled putting her hand over her eyes. 

     "I thought you were afraid of the dark? I was just trying to help." I said putting up my act once again. 

     Fucking forget about It already Simon. It's never gonna happen. I shook my head again. Trying to Ignore whatever war was going on between my thoughts, I had completely forgotten what Artzy said. 

     "Turn off the lights Si." She said again, this time slightly louder. 

     "Don't you want a night light?" I asked smirking.

Artzy's POV
     I rolled over facing the wall and pulled the covers over my head. 

     "Leave me alone." I mumbled my head aching. 

     I just wanted to be left alone, I was finally starting to understand my powers and he had to come and mess it up. 

     "Speak up honey, I can't hear you." Simon stated. 

     "I said leave me the hell alone." He just laughed at my response. 

     "Feisty, I like it." 

     Then to my surprise he actually turned off the lights. Slowly I pulled the soft duvet off of my head and laid down facing the ceiling again. Suddenly a tall lanky figure attacked me. 

     "Simon get off of me!" I yelled, hurting my head even more. 

     "Come on have a little fun." He said shaking the bed. 

     "Oww." I mumbled under my breath hoping he hadn't heard me. 

     Suddenly Simon stopped what he was doing and stood up. 

     "Oww." I said a little bit louder finally aware of the pain that I was feeling. Guess doing anything right now hurt a lot more than I expected

     "W...Wait did I hurt you?" Simon stuttered slightly. 

     I had never heard him stutter before and it surprised me so much that, for a second, I forgot about the pain I was feeling in my head. 

     "No. You...you didn't at all." I muttered, not wanting to sound weak.

    He immediately hugged me and repeatedly said sorry. I wasn't going to admit it but his hugs felt nice. Simon's Never hugged me before, but somehow it felt familiar. Like a far away distant memory. 

     "Weirdly this feels right." I whispered out loud. 

    Simon stopped his quiet sorry's but didn't stop hugging me. Somehow I didn't realize it but he was on the bed with me. Just me, him. And the darkness. 

     "You....you don't happen to remember anything be...before the accident right?" 

     I shook my head. "Jide said there was a 2% chance i would ever remember anything slightly before it. But somehow things feel weird. Like I should remember moments. Like Déjà vu." I ranted to him. 

     "I remember all of it," Simon said quietly, barely loud enough for me to hear. ",even if JJ told everyone to forget that time period it's hard. I know there are thoughts I shouldn't be remembering, that I should have forgotten like he asked. But I just can't, they won't go away. Oh god, I shouldn't tell you anything. I shouldn't have even mentioned it." Simon said as I listened.

     If you don't know what happened. I was in a major car crash and somehow I didn't die. The car went up in flames but I wasn't burnt one bit. Maybe it was my powers that stopped me from getting hurt, or maybe it was just luck, I'm not sure. The only thing that happened to me was I forgot most things that happened in the 4 years leading up to the crash. that's where I got my condition from, where if I'm in certain situations I can't remember things. It obviously took me a while to get used to having a space where a couldn't remember what happened but I got used to it. JJ apparently told the others to not mention it around me so that I wouldn't remember. Because apparently I wouldn't be in a stable state, whatever that means.
     Anyway, Simon still laid beside me his arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace. It was weird I've got to admit, but it felt so familiar. 

     "Simon?" I said turning my head towards him. 

     "Hmm?" He hummed in response, acknowledging my question. 

     "Why are you always so rude to me, and not everyone else? Or why only when no one else is around?" Asking that question seemed to make Simon tense up. 

    "I can't tell you." He sighed. "It will only make you remember things you aren't supposed to." 

    I averted my eyes back to the ceiling. I know JJ said It would be like a new life for me, but what was so important that i couldn't bring along with me from before

     "Please Tell me." I politely asked. 

     I felt him shake his head. 

     "Si please. What's so important that you can't tell me? And why are you the most effected by it?" 

     "Stop asking me questions you know I can't answer." Simon harshly replied. "I can't tell you ok." He said his voice cracking. 

     I could tell Simon was about to cry so I didn't push him any further. Poor Simon. what happened. Or What did I do to him?