28

Artzy's POV
Cold, wet, scared, alone, frustrated, sad, angry, and sympathy were all the emotions and feelings going through me right now. I hadn't meant to run, I hadn't meant to be mad at him, I hadn't meant to always come back to the same place, but it just happened. I sat under the tree. The tree where me and Simon kissed, where we held hands, where I went to cry about my problems, where Simon pushed me down. There were so many good and bad moments here, yet it still felt safer than my own home. I wasn't sure what had gotten into me, What had pushed me to run again. Maybe it was the fact that I was scared to face Simon, or that i was to frustrated with him or even that I wasn't confident enough in myself. Who knows. I sat there, my head in my hands thinking about what i could have done better. Thinking of how much of a coward i was. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to bring myself down in this moment, but i wasn't worried about that. I was worried about the drowsiness that had found its way into my head. As i slowly fell asleep to the sound of the rain, i wondered how i had ever gotten myself into/out of these situations.

Simon's POV
I ran as fast has my legs could take me. I already knew where she was. Pulling my hood over my head I didn't think what i was gonna do when i got there. what was i gonna say? What was i gonna do? i wasn't sure but whatever it was had to be perfect. As i approached the place i knew all to well, i saw a familiar figure under it. Sprinting over I knelt down next to her.

"Artzy?" i asked over the pouring rain.

     No response.

    "Artzy are you ok?" i said a but louder.

     I then realized her breathing was a little bit shallower.

     "Fuck shes asleep." i  mumbled to myself, remembering how Artzy wasn't supposed to fall asleep in certain situations.

     Without thinking, i took off my hoodie and slipped it around the smaller girls body. I picked her up bridal style and carefully ran back to the house. It didn't take me that long as Artzy was surprisingly not that heavy. As i ran through the door i didn't even bother to take off my shoes, sprinting up to the second floor.

     "Jide?!" I said bursting through his door.

    Figures he had come home as soon as i left.

    "Wha..Oh shit what happened?"

     My breathing increased rapidly as i had no idea what to do. "I don't know! I went to check on her, then she ran off, and i found Artzy asleep! I tried my best to wake her up on the way here but she wouldn't wake up!" I said concern laced in my voice.

     "Here, give her to me and get out for a quick second." JJ said a bit to calmly.

     I handed Artzy over to Jide as he laid her on the bed.

     He gave me a look that said "Get out." and i hesitantly stepped out of the room, wondering what would happen.

Jide's POV
     As soon as Simon left the room, i immediately put a hand over Artzy's head. My power had finally come in handy for the second time.

     You see, Instead of having fire like Artzy, i had the power to "heal" people, in a metaphorical way of course. It's very hard to explain but in the beginning, the first time Artzy fell asleep asleep in the rain, I did the same thing. The only side effect, was that she couldn't remember certain things for a while... I wasn't proud of this side effect, but it was better than someone being in a coma, or even worse, dying.

     Anyways, I placed my hand over her head and concentrated on what i was doing. After a few short moments, i felt Artzy's body temperature heat up again.I sighed, knowing i did what had to be done.

     I changed her into some warmer clothes, and let Simon back in.

     "Is she ok? What happened? Is Artzy going to be fine?" Simon rambled.

     "Yes she's fine. Only problem, Artzy's probably not going to remember some things."

     Simon froze. "F..from how long ago?"

     "Maybe a couple days before she shut us all out." I mumbled, knowing that's when Simon had officially confessed his love for Artzy and had finally got the guts to ask her out.

     Simon's face dropped and tears appeared in his eyes. "Yo...You mean shes not gonna rem...remember anything i said to her?"

     I shook my head sadly.

     "After everything iv'e worked for, everything iv'e done, this is how i'm re-payed?!?" he sobbed, putting his hands over his face.

     I got up, walking over to Simon and giving him a hug.

     "Its ok." I soothed trying my best not to make him feel anymore pain.

     He mumbled a barely audible sentence. "Why does this always have to happen to me?"

Simon's POV
     Later that night, after JJ had already put Artzy back in her room, i decided i didn't want to sleep alone. So i walked across the hall, opened the brown wooden door, and slipped into the quiet room. I hadn't expected to stay in her room, but that's just how it turned out. So here i was, staring at the ceiling as the unconscious girl laid beside me.

     A slight bit of movement startled me, as i looked to the other side of the bed. Artzy stirred in her sleep, tossing and turning. I sat up and held the red haired girl in my arms. Soon she jolted awake, leaving my grasp. Artzy looked around, just as confused as i was.

     "Are you ok?" i asked.

     Artzy rubbed her head still confused. "Yeah i think so, I cant remember much though."

     My heart broke at the last part of her sentence. "oh..So you really cant remember anything just like Jide said."

     "Wait what happened?"

     "Y...You fell asleep in the rain again."

     "Care to explain why?"

     I took a deep breath, trying to decide whether or not to tell her. "Fuck it"

    I told her everything from where she remembered, including the good and the bad.

     "Oh..." Was all Artzy said before silence fell upon the room.

     "I love you." I quietly said hoping she wouldn't hear.

     "I know you do Simon. I know you do."

     That was the last conversation we had, before me and Artzy fell into a deep sleep, none of us knowing how the morning would go.

~~A/N~~
sorry for not uploading a lot recently! iv'e had major writers block and milestones are coming up so iv'e had to study a bunch. This chapters lowkey trash with a little plot twist. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed ima go to bed as it is 4:45am on a school night. gn.