20

Artzy's POV
     I kicked off my shoes, shutting the door behind me. Slowly, I walked upstairs knocking on the door adjacent from mine. I heard a fate, come in, so I stepped inside the room closing the door behind me. 

     "What did you want to talk about?" I asked the blond haired boy cautiously. 

    He was laying on his bed staring at the ceiling. 

     "Simon?" I said walking closer to the bed. 

     I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off. 

     "Do you remember anything from last night?" He asked. 

     I thought about it before replying "you know I can't remember anything when I get drunk. I'm messed up in the head remember." I replied stating what i thought everyone knew. 

     Simon sat up. "Your not messed up your just, different." He complied.

     I sat down on the edge of his bed.  "Well do you remember anything?" I asked back. 

     He shook his head. 

     "JJ's already gonna kill me." Simon muttered to himself. 

     I raised my eyebrow in confusion as to why his best friend would want to hurt him. "I'm sure Jide wouldn't hurt you. Your his best friend." 

     He held his face in his hands. "You didn't happen to, uh, wake up this morning in my room right?" Simon asked, his words slightly muffled. 

     I blushed looking down. "Um...I.." 

     "Oh god you did didn't you!?!" he exclaimed interrupting me before i could even get a word out. "I swear we didn't do anything! at least i hope not."  Simon said whispering the last part.

Simon's POV

     We sat there in silence neither of us knowing what to say. 

     "Maybe we should just listen to JJ." I thought out-loud. 

     "What do you mean?" Artzy asked innocently. 

     It was so damn adorable. 

     "He told me to stay away from you. That I was the one that messed everything up." I sighed admitting what  knew was true. 

     Artzy gave me a nervous glance, putting her hands behind her back. "Um...i'll be right back." she quickly said running out my room. 

     "Weird" I thought shrugging it off. "I wonder what she was hiding."

Artzy's POV

     I shut my bathroom door, letting out a breath i did't even know i was holding. I splashed my hands and face with cold water.

  "Get it together Artzy. He can't know ok." I said to my reflection. 

     My hands were still a faint orange as i glanced down at them.

     A sudden knock on the door startled me. 

     "You ok Artzy? Your 'quickly' is turning into a long time." I only realized how long i had been trying to get rid of the orange on my hands. 

    "I'll be out in a second." I responded. "Think about it, you go out there like this and hes going to freak out. calm down." I convinced myself. 

    Opening the door i was met by a familiar face. 

     "um... Hi?" I said rubbing the back of neck. 

     He stepped aside allowing me to walk out. Nervously i walked over to my bed sitting down. Simon jumped on the bed pulling me down with him. me and him laughed simultaneously.

     As the laughter died down the situation became awkward as we realized the way we were sitting. I was basically laying on him and Simon's arms were wrapped around me. 

     "You might want to go before JJ comes in." I said avoiding his eyes. 

     "Fuck what I said earlier, it doesn't really matter." Simon retaliated as if he could read my mind. 

    This took me by surprise as only minutes earlier he was saying we should listen to him. 

     "but.." 

     "Who cares what he thinks." 

     Only now did i notice how close we we were. I sat up, my cheeks turning a bright red. 

     "Why are you so damn cute?" Simon mumbled to himself, also sitting up. 

     "Were so gonna be dead if Jide walks in here," I lightly laughed ",Did he not say he didn't want to see us in the same bedroom again?" 

     Simon shook his head. "Oh come on, JJ's funny when hes mad." 

     I nodded my head in agreement. 

     "I have to go record with Josh soon. Can't promise i wont be back though." He smirked getting off the bed. 

     "Go away Si." i chuckled.

~~Dream~~

     Fire, Fire, and more Fire. It seemed like an endless plain of nothing but flames. It was getting hotter by the second. 

     "I've got to find a way out." I thought, trying to make my way through the almost unbearable smoke. 

     I saw light figures in the distance, one of them yelling my name. How did i get myself into this mess? I tried to recall. It was impossible to make one step without getting your feet burned. I fell to my knees and put my hands over my head, trying to withstand the scorching flames around me. 

   "I just want to be back in my room where i'm away from this stupid fire!" i yelled shutting my eyes.

     Suddenly, I became cold and the temperature slowly decreased. Opening my eyes I sat up. I was back in my room, alone. I looked down at my hands to see they were still had an orange glow. 

     "God dammit! Leave me the hell alone!" I screamed into my pillow. 

    Wanting to be done with this stupid 'powers' JJ said i had, i started crying. I never wanted it to be like this. i just wanted to be a normal person. In the distance i heard someone calling my name again. Then, the room went black.

~~Dream Over~~

     I jolted awake, sitting up quickly. My heart was racing and my vision was hazy before my eyes adjusted. 

     "Artzy. Artzy look at me." a familiar voice said as i looked beside me, my breathing still at a fast pace. 

     "Calm down ok. Your gonna be fine, i'm right here." JJ said. 

    I hugged him without thinking, just glad he was ok. 

     "There was fire...and burning...and we almost died..." i rambled on hugging him tighter. 

     I glanced over his shoulder seeing Simon leaning in the doorway, a worried look on his face. He had a look that meant he knew what I experienced. And I almost forgot what just happened as i remembered that Simon had nightmares almost every night. He gave me a sad smile before walking away, leaving just me and JJ.