16

Artzy's POV
     I muffled my sobs and took my head out of my hands. 

     He didn't just say that did he? I thought. 

    "I'm sorry I...i didn't mean to." I heard Simon mumble from the other side of the door. 

    "It's ok.." i quietly said back, hoping he wouldn't hear. 

     Slowly I stood up from the floor and walked over to my bed. I collapsed on the soft sheets and laid there. Why?

~~~Hours Later~~~

Simon's POV
      The house was silent. Josh and JJ were sleeping and Vik was recording. I pre-recorded videos so I basically had the whole house to myself. It was lonely though. I wanted company, not just watching YouTube or the television. Opening my door I looked across at the brown wooden one. I hesitated then walked over. I lightly knocked. No response. Grabbing the brass door handle I turned it and stepped inside the dark room. I shivered rubbing my arms. Jesus it was cold in here. Quietly I managed to find my way over to her bed. Suddenly the temperature changed and it was warm. That's strange. I thought. I noticed a small orange glowing under the covers. Pulling back the covers I gasped. Artzy's hands were glowing orange. 

     "Wake up your hands are orange!" I said shaking Artzy. 

     "Huh?" She whispered back, her voice hoarse. 

     "Your hands are on fire!" 

     She shook me off of her and rolled over facing the green wall. "I know Simon leave me alone." Artzy waved her hands around and the fire went away. 

     "Are you hurt? Is something wrong? Do I need to get JJ? Do you need to go to the hospital?" I rambled not knowing what to think. 

     She groaned in annoyance, "No I need you to go away, and forget you saw anything." 

     "But..." 

     "I said go away!" Artzy said raising her voice. 

     She sniffed and covered herself farther with the blankets. "I don't know what to do with myself." She mumbled. 

     I opened my mouth to speak but I quickly shut it. I couldn't just drop the fact that someone's hands were on fucking fire! 

     "Why are you acting so calm! You could have set the house on fire. How is that even possible?" A million thoughts were running through my mind. 

     Artzy mumbled something inaudible. I just stood there pacing back and forth. There's got to be something I don't know.

Artzy's POV
     I sighed, "I'm used to it." I said barley audible. 

     I heard Simon's soft Steps as he walked back and forth across the room. 

     "How could I allow this to happen? " I thought, paying attention to the sounds of him.

     "But....like....how?" Simon was stuttering trying to find the right sentence to ask. 

    I turned over and faced him watching Simon's mind race. I knew exactly what he was thinking. He opened his mouth to talk but I beat him to it. 

     "I don't know how it happened. But I try not to hurt anyone." I mumbled. "Get Jide please." 

     He stumbled out of the room almost tripping on his feet and ran down the stairs. 

     "How could I let this happen?"

     Not even 5 seconds later JJ was in my room next to the bed. 

     "How did you let this happen?!? I thought you locked the door?" He asked worry written on his face. "You don't know how to handle this yourself yet. It's dangerous." JJ told me. 

     "I'm sorry." I mumbled looking down at his hands on mine. 

     "Next time be more careful. Simon's easy to convince, the others not so much. Don't let it happen again." He scolded. "I'm going to teach you how to hide it." 

     I looked at JJ confused as he walked over to my desk. 

    "How can you teach me if you don't have weird dragon powers?" I asked confused. 

    He did his signature smirk and held out his hand. "Who ever said I didn't?" 

     Small black flames emitted from his hand. I watched in disbelief as he made swirls in the air. 

     "You gotta learn how to control it." Jide said picking up something from under my desk. "I don't want you burning something down." 

     I sat up on the bed only now realizing that JJ turned on the lights. 

     "If I can make fire, Then what can you do?" I thought out loud my voice still raspy from being woken up. 

     JJ shook his head and finally found what he was looking for. "You'll just have to find out later. Take this." 

     He handed me a light brown book. It looked more like a journal rather than an actual book. Carefully I opened it, a confused expression replacing my intrigued one. 

     "There's no writing, it's just blank." I said flipping through the empty pages. 

     "That's the point. Whatever you learn it appears. Neat isn't it?" JJ boasted. 

     I shook my head, so many things happened all at once it was confusing. 

     "You take a good nights rest and I'll make sure to lock your door." Jide said slipping though my doorway as a click was heard. 

     I wondered how my life could possibly change so fast. Then as I was falling asleep, something in my head clicked, and suddenly everything was starting to make sense.