The Bad News (Chapter 4)

You wake up, the sun shining in your eyes, drying your open mouth. Focussing hard not to wake anyone, you get changed and head to the main hall. The hall was basically empty with a few students doing their homework and Sophie eating her breakfast. Once she notices you, she jumps up from her bench ,pulls your hand and drags you to the Library.

"Now why are we here?"

"It's great! I had to show you it early because they are gunna get rid of it soon. Just look. Come here." You entered the Library where Madam Pince was writing in her notebook. "Madam Pince?" The devil slowly looked up from her paper. Knives for eyes, she cackled and spoke like she had just woken from a grave.

"WHAT!"

"Can we look in the Defence against the Dark arts section?"

"We?" She snapped

"Er no me and Y/N."

"Does she have a card?"

"A card?" You question.

"Er no I don't think so." She got up, back clicking and walked over to us. She gestured for Sophie to look in the Defence against the dark arts section but turned you around and pushed you out of the library.

"No card no entry." She spat.

"Since when do we need a card to look in the Defence against the dark arts section? I need to find a book for my homework!"

"Sorry but this is the rules."

"Since when?"

"Since the Headmaster said so." She then softened her appearance with a small smile. "Look I'm sorry, I've been working for hours because of the books here. I'm not sure how long this will be for the cards to be removed but-"

"How do you get a card?"

"Teachers give you them."

"So can I ask them?"

"I'm not sure but at the moment you can't enter your wanted section." With nothing else to do, you headed back to the main hall.

—————

You joined Jess, Luna and Crystal (one of your Gryffindor friends) at the Gryffindor table.

"So Y/N? Do think you're gunna get anything from the owls this morning?" Crystal asked

"Probably not. I never do anyway."

"The amount of homework I'm getting this year is absolutely horrible. I'm not HAPPY about it!"

"Eh I don't mind it."

"I think it's dreadful!"

"Same here!"

"Guys, have you heard any rumours at all?" You ask desperately. Luna and Jess shook their heads.

"Oooh ooh I have!!!" Crystal was waving her hand up in the air.

"Go on..." You say  disappointed.

"Well it's not really a rumour." She says putting her hand down.

"Just tell us forgod sake Crystal!" Jess moaned.

"Ok ok so Mia and Rebecca are cousins. -"

"That's why she was so protective..." You mutter

"-And it's so weird. People think that it's because of Mia's mum because her dad hasn't got any relations or siblings. And also, Rebecca's father works for the ministry. I found out that his name is Albert Runcorn. It sounds familiar but-"