Weird News (Chapter 22)

Dumbledore sits you down in his office. A stern expression on his face. All of you look down at the surface in disappointment. Not that you did anything wrong (well you did) but it was the fact you got caught.

"All of you revive a detention every day for five weeks." He said. It was almost as if he stifled to say it. Something seemed off to you.

The three of you nod your head except Crystal. She stands up and wrinkles her nose. "FIVE WEEKS OF DETENTION?!? I AM NOT DOING THAT!"

"Crystal sit down!"

"You should be getting expelled! Taking Polyjuice Potion is illegal for your age! Consider yourself lucky."

"Oh..." Crystal sits back down in defeat. If it's illegal, then surely you would be expelled...

"Additionally, breaks in school time will be spent with Professor Snape. That includes all of you..." Dumbledore peeks over at Crystal.

"Is there anything else?" You say disapprovingly. Yet still thought something weird was in the atmosphere.

"I believe that is it." Crystal sighs in relief as she flops her head, looking at the ceiling. Dumbledore stares over at his blazing red Fawkes in complete satisfaction. "You can leave now." He says. Sophie furrows her eyebrows.

"Can we actually go?" Sophie asked. Crystal immediately gets up from her chair and leaves without another word as if she waited any longer, more punishments will be put in place. Sophie lingered for a moment before joining Crystal in the exiting door. The two looked over at you before Dumbledore's words "I need to talk to Y/N. Thank you." ringed in their ears and the left. The door signalled their leaving.

"Now..." Dumbledore stares into your eyes. "You must be confused..."

"How did you-"

"Is it about your consequences?" You nod you head, as you knitted your eyebrows together. Dumbledore leans over slightly to you. The same reassuring twinkle appears in his speticals.

"It's just....you said people would be expelled if they did the things we did. Why-Why not do the same to us?"

The headmaster chuckles at your statement. "You and your friends are very very good witches. If I would expel you, I- everyone would be loosing, amazing witches."

"Do you know about-"

"Jess and Luna? Yes. I knew from the start."

"Then-then why didn't you stop us?"

"A curious mind of a wizard's or witch's can not be stopped. No matter how hard you try. This wizarding world can be very peculiar sometimes."

"I knew it was bad of me...but it was the only way. Stuff is going to happen to you Y/N, and therefore you must be aware. There are reasons why Mia's family tree is in that book that you took. There are reasons why negative energy is never normally spoken about. There are reasons why your talented friend is acting strange. People hide secrets from you. You never know what they might be."

"Do you know what's the matter with Jess. She's not herself."

"I do know what is wrong with Jess. But it is not in my position to say anything. If she wants to be heard, then so may be it, but if she doesn't then there is nothing you can do about it."

"Wait. Surely there would be a reason to why Mia was in that book."

"Mia shares something that one of your relatives obtain. More than one to be precise. It can change peoples actions but it would not be severe. It is rare if it is but then again it does happen. However, the illness she has got is common. More people around you might have it then you would know."

"I've got too many questions. Harry. Draco. Sirius. Belletrix. Negative energy. I need answers. For all of them really."

"Well I am afraid that I can not tell you them. Many people believe that I have the answer to everything but I honestly do not. I have the same brain as any normal human." Suddenly you hear noises from a crowd, interrupting your conversation with the headmaster yet showing it was time for class.

"I guess that is your signal to go
Y/N." Dumbledore smiles. You gifted it back as you exited the study. You turned your head once more to the headmaster.

"Thank you, Professor." And with Dumbledore's nod, you headed to your classes.

—————

Shortish chapter. Sorry this wasn't a really good one but soon there will be a 'special chapter'. Not sure when it'll be yet but it will be of someones POV . (Not the reader...)