The Step Back (Chapter 17)

The next day arrives and you and your group are super excited. You didn't hear from Jess or Luna but you didn't worry as you gave them all your trust.

As you were eating breakfast in the Great Hall, McGonagall approaches. "L/N, follow me!" She had a stern look on her face as she strutted to the exit of the hall. Your feet were behind you, trying to keep up with the Professor.

"Professor I-" she puts her hand up to silence you. As you continue walking, your heart sinks as you see the opening the the hospital wing. You stop right outside with Professor McGonagall staring with her devil eyes. Madam Pomfrey notices you and stops immediately. Her expression suddenly changed as she puts two hands on her hips and sighs.

"I suppose you know what you've done wrong?" McGonagall spits " 150 points from Gryffindor. You put your house in disgust. Do not do leave the wing without permission from Madam Pomfrey. AND Madam Pomfrey Only. She was very worried." You tilt your head down in disappointment.

"How long will I be staying here miss?"

"Well I don't KNOW!" Madam Pomfrey snapped. "Get into that gown! You will be staying here for at least a week-"

" A WEEK!?!????!??!??!?" You shout in shock.

"Do not order me to find students either!" You sigh as you walk over to your bed. "Madam Pince has left books for you over their." She tilts her head in the direction that a few books were stacked in a neatly order. You change in silence and grasp the books.

"History?!" You moan, getting into your hospital bed. Once you felt comfortable, you started reading the pile.

—————

"Chamber of Secrets, huh." You were halfway through the pile of books that Madam Pince left you. You thought that they were pretty interesting. The books mostly said stuff about the Chamber of Secrets. What you gathered from it was that it was a Slytherin base made by Salazar Slytherin. Apparently it held a snake which would be able to kill people instantly  and petrify anyone if it sees the snakes eye (but not directly). It worried you deeply that this could be the reason for Hogwarts problems. The reason of people getting sent to hospital quickly. This snake is the reason. It's been released..........

As you were 3/4 through the books, your friends walk in. "Yoooooo!!!" You say with a smile. They all look disappointed. "What's up." You say strictly.

"Mate! You left us!" Crystal said

"We couldn't do it without you!" Luna said

"Do we have to create another date ,to you know, do our stuff."

"Yeah, didn't really work. Got caught...."

"When are you released?" Jess says

"God knows." You laugh nervously "Maybe about a year."

"A year!!!?!?!" Luna bellows

"Of course it's not a year.......but Y/N, really, how long??" Sophie said worried

"They said about a week."

"Well that's not too bad." Crystal said reassuring.

"No...I guess not."

They all sigh

"Look Guys, as soon as I'm released we will do it and I'm saying we will do it." They all nod. "By the way, how did you know I was here?"

"Oh Harry!" Crystal says smiling

"How the hell did he know?"

"He's HARRY POTTER! OF COURSE HE WOULD KNOW! He's a magician!"

"I guess you can't deny it." You say. You turn to Jess

"How that Runcorn thing?"

"It had to be postponed. For, well, obvious reasons." She gestured to you

"Ah!"

"Right we'll leave you in peace now!" The group smiles and waves. "Bye!!"

"Bye!!!" You say waving back. Before you know it, a pale face enters the room. His hair gelled back as always, he walks into the room. A more strict and worried expression replaced his famous smirk as he approached you.

"Malfoy." You sigh

"Oh! So you want me to go now!" He spat

"What?-"

"Don't deny it L/N!"

"Malfoy What the hell! If you want to be such an idiot you might as-well leave!"

"That's not a way to treat your relative!"

"Relative! Ha! You didn't even consider yourself one yesterday! How was the truth on your little smirk?"

"You're still jealous!"

"Malfoy WE SHARE THE SAME BLOOD HOW THE HELL CAN I BE JEALOUS OF YOUR LOVE LIFE!!"

"I am not related to you!!"

"Malfoy, I consider you death!"

"Cool. Now I don't want to see you ever again."

"How comes you visited me?"

"Because-Because-I." He stomps and leaves the room immediately.

"Why can't he take that we're related?"

—————

Hours past with no life around you. That said until a familiar looking face appears. "Cedric you ok?" One Hufflepuff said. Cedric Diggory came rushing through the hospital on a bed being carried by his fellow quidditch teammates. All people surrounding his bed were men except for two. Madam Pomfrey and Wait Rebecca?-"

"Cedric you would have stay here for some time. You've broken many bones with that bludger! My that was a hard one Mr Diggory!"

"Oh Cedric!" Rebecca suddenly comes rushing to Cedric's bed. You immediately feel sick. "I hope your ok!!" She says stroking his head. He smiles uncomfortably at his friends.

"No visitors at the moment please!" Madam Pomfrey says gesturing for the group to leave the wing. Rebecca scowls. "You too miss!" And she pushes Rebecca out of the room. With great difficulty.

The room suddenly became very quiet and awkward. As you looked around the room, your eyes locked with Cedric's. He gifts you a warm smile and you do the same, shooting tingles up your spine. You stay there for ever, both pairs of eyes acknowledging the others. It sent you a feeling that you never had felt before...