Wizard Court (Chapter 32)

You:

Everyone had returned from the Chamber of Secrets. It was basically the end of the year and Harry had gotten praise for defeating the monster that had tormented the school. Riddle and the basilisk. You couldn't really believe the words he told you. The words about joining him. It didn't add up in your head. Why choose a house rival? Just because my biological mother is a death eater?

Everyone had gotten to the castle safe and sound, including some others like Professor Lockhart and Ron who were found at the end of the Chamber. The two including Harry had visited Madam Pomfrey for a check up and had talked to Mia, Sophie, Jess and Ginny about how they were.

Harry was very calm to you, helping you with things because your left arm was very weak from the attack Riddle had sent you. And Draco had started talking to you. He explained everything about him and Mia at breakfast when only him, you and Harry were there. "It's been hell." He said. "Hogwarts is my home, the manor doesn't count. All my nightmares live there but my dreams are here, at Hogwarts." Harry and you were very understanding and tried your best to comfort him. Additionally, this was the reason the two rivals had made up. The three of you had made a very healthy friendship and shared your thoughts and feelings with each other. You felt safe and could tell anything with each other. You finally felt happy and secure. Like this is the place where you were suppose to be.

Most people think Draco is a coward but to hear the things he said, it would immediately change your mind. He was brave and things he's gone through, even recently, would break anyone. You saw him as a hero and always gave him the sympathy needed in the best moments. You treated him like a brother as that was the love he really needed and he did the same to you. You, Harry and Draco were like siblings. You were inseparable.

After the three of you had finished your breakfast, Draco had gone to Mia, Harry to his two friends, and you were told to go to the Headmaster's office, so you grabbed your things and headed your way. You reached the gargoyle where Professor McGonagall greeted you and invited you to the study. She spoke the password and griffin turned to a staircase, leading to the office. You ventured up the the stairs and appeared in the Headmaster's sight.

"Ah! Y/N." The wrinkles on Dumbledore's face shone, as the normal Headmaster's smile didn't appear. He seemed older than usual. More worn. Dark circles under his eyes. He hadn't slept in years.

"Professor." You walk towards him. He turned his head, observing the portraits that hung on the wall. All them were muttering something until Professor Dippit had spoken out.

"You have to tell her Albus. She has to know. Unless, you show her. And what she has to go through." You knitted your eyebrows together staring at the living wizard. He stayed there for a moment, not moving at all, until he turns to the other side of the room and pulls out his wand.

"Y/N." Your legs take you to the Headmaster and stop at facing view. Your bright innocent orbs stare at the elderly appearance. He looked like he had been in a war. Bruises and cuts. Dark eyes. A shadow blanketing him. Veins poke out from his hand, gripped onto the wand. His arm shook forcefully as it travelled to his right temple. His eyelids became heavy. They shut. Gracefully so it seemed. He sighed, taking half of his height with him aswell. And then he tightened his eyes. Almost forced them shut. Like he didn't want to wake. The wand still lay on his temple. And with his eyes shut in a peaceful yet forced sleep, the wand moved away, taking a glowing thick blue and white string from it's tip.

Your eyes moved to a floating cauldron where only the top was visible. Inside saw a dark foggy liquid. You furrow your eyebrows. "Professor how can that cauldron carry the-" Dumbledore took his wand and the string that was attached on it aswell and hovered it near to the side of the cauldron.