A Miserable Man (Chapter 21)

Dumbledore stares at you, no twinkle in his eyes meets yours. Sudden horror floods through you. "Now..."he says. He levitates his hand, signalling for the three of you to take it. All of you obey. "Sir." Dumbledore nods at the man standing behind you looking astonished, he then turns to another behind him. "Mr. Runcorn." He steps forward.

"You three. You -you know Rebecca?"

You all stand still.

"DO YOU?" He bellows

"Ye-Yes."

He steps forward again, staring down and you and your friends. His eyes search the row of first years. But, how did he know? The potion hadn't worn off yet...

"You-tricked-me"

"How did we-?"

"YOU TRICKED ME!"

"Albert! We have got to go NOW!" Dumbledore attempts to grab Runcorn's hand but Runcorn turns his wrist making Dumbledore loose his grip.

"No...they need to hear this." Crowds had formed around you and your group ever since the magnificent Dumbledore arrived. The headmaster indeed noticed this and forced Runcorn to obey his orders.

"There is no time Albert. Articles are going to start writing about this incident if we do not leave now. Albert!" Runcorn snarles but eventually went to Dumbledore. You rush to Dumbledore also and take his hand, Runcorn takes Sophie's in disgust and Crystal joined the two together. "You can leave afterwards Albert. Do not worry about the punishment." Dumbledore looked over at Runcorn and showed a weak smile. Runcorn signalled his gesture.

3

2

1

Click. The rubber tube appeared again, closing your airways, making your surroundings spin uncontrollably and your heart rate pace. Your mouth dry and your tongue like sandpaper. Your remains in your stomach travel back up to your throat as your eyes water.

It finally stopped as you tumbled over one another again. You gulped and swallowed the solution, making it cascade back down your throat. You see the two wizards behind you. Dumbledore and Runcorn, standing still and straight. You turn to them.

"Runcorn who makes Rebecca and Mia related-" Dumbledore's stern expression changes. He narrows his eyes.

"How dare you-"

"Albert! Not now!"

"No!!!" Runcorn launches for you and pins you to the ground. He grabs your collar as you attempt to breathe. "You dare mention that!-" Suddenly, everything changes. Runcorn let's go on fear. You stand up and brush yourself off, before you felt your face move. In horror, you touched your rough skin as it became as smooth as a babies. You slid your finger across your chin and instead of it being scratchy it was again smooth. You look at Dumbledore, yet he is growing? You look at the ground. It was increasing in size. You look at your friends. No fully grown women stood there anymore, instead it was replace by two first year girls.

Then you realised the transaction was done. A suit, which was a perfect fit a minute ago, was baggy and extremely long. Dumbledore whipped out his wand and the clothes which were half on the floor, raised and transformed into your normal house uniform. "Now you three..." Runcorn once again steps forward. You roll your eyes as the other two sigh and look down at the stone floor.

Runcorn points at you and your group. "Because of you, Ive lost my job. Because of you, I've lost my money. Because of you, I have lost my pride.
Because of you, I have lost my daughter.
I have lost my power to love and feel.
I have lost everything." You could feel his breath warming your skin as you glare at Runcorn.

"Chill, how much would faking to be someone else cost?"

He steps once more. He looks down at you like dirt. He spits beside you as he whispers "a lot..." into your ear and then apperates. Jeez. You thought. Why didn't Dumbledore stop that?

As you walk towards the castle, you notice the file.

Gone.

Poof.

Vanished.

"Oh god oh god, oh no!" You whisper to Sophie beside you.

"What! We've got the flipping headteacher behind us right now!"

"The file..."

"What about it!"

"It's gone." Sophie gulped as she rubbed her hands together. "Do you think Runcorn took it?" She asked desperately

You shrug, trying not to show your fear. Dumbledore continued walking behind you and briefly smiled that you were unaware of. Later did you know, that the wanted file was just under the Headmasters arm.

—————

Sorry if you thought this wasn't really a good chapter. There will be ones coming very soon. 😝